im about to build my box for two 12" type r's in a 07 lucerne. settled on a 3.5 cu ft @ 32hz. just curious if anyone has any experience here on what will work best in this build: speakers up ported back, speakers front and port back or both to the back. thx

depends on the resonant frequency of your vehicle mostly.Different people prefer different applications.

yeah i can dig it just wondering if anyone had build specific experience.

subs/port back is always good subs up port back is madness imo never cared for subs up and port up unless in a hatchback..

subs/port back is always good subs up port back is madness imo never cared for subs up and port up unless in a hatchback..

Your avatar is subs up and port back though lol

Your avatar is subs up and port back though lol

Madness in a good way i mean ;)

i've built probably over 40 boxes for the 12" type R. the box will perform if it is bigger. 2 cubes per sub if running lots of power (like a 1000rms or more) and 2.5 cubes if running less power. tune it to 34Hz. use a single 4" flared port per sub. on paper this isn't enough surface area but the type R's like it this way. for the two speakers you could also run a single 6"-- more expensive but generally a 6" outperforms 2x 4".

4x 12" HDC3's

1x Hifonics Maxximus (rated 10,000@1ohm)

2x Powermaster D3100

8x runs of 0 gauge

1x stock alt

155.2 dB legal (vehicle off and @50Hz) in a Ford exploder

i've built probably over 40 boxes for the 12" type R. the box will perform if it is bigger. 2 cubes per sub if running lots of power (like a 1000rms or more) and 2.5 cubes if running less power. tune it to 34Hz. use a single 4" flared port per sub. on paper this isn't enough surface area but the type R's like it this way. for the two speakers you could also run a single 6"-- more expensive but generally a 6" outperforms 2x 4".

I agree with everything, except tuning. They do like 2-2.5 cubes. I like mine tuned to 32, but I've seen 30-36 work well actually.

buck.box.designs@gmail.com

I help with full system support, if you need advice

:yumyum: I just like making people happy :yumyum:

I agree with everything, except tuning. They do like 2-2.5 cubes. I like mine tuned to 32, but I've seen 30-36 work well actually.

it is a matter of preference of course. 34Hz seems to be a good balance between playing loud and getting low.

4x 12" HDC3's

1x Hifonics Maxximus (rated 10,000@1ohm)

2x Powermaster D3100

8x runs of 0 gauge

1x stock alt

155.2 dB legal (vehicle off and @50Hz) in a Ford exploder

so i built a pretty standard 2.2 slot ported box. speakers up and port to the back ( i have a autoCAD 3D file of it but cant figure out how to convert file to post) and it made a world of difference. at specs these 12s were suffocating.

so i built a pretty standard 2.2 slot ported box. speakers up and port to the back ( i have a autoCAD 3D file of it but cant figure out how to convert file to post) and it made a world of difference. at specs these 12s were suffocating.

You only made the box 2.2 cubes for 2 12s? That's way too small for a ported box. It should be 2.2 cubes for each sub

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now