jl w7 13

maxima boy14
10+ year member

ok ive read multiple forums and i would like to get to the bottom of this. Ok many people have said that their or many subs that are better then the w7 13 and ive researched the other subs and some have been cheaper and people seem to bash jl because of the price. But anyway on to my question some of the other subs i have seen have rms ratings of 1500 all the the way up to 2000 rms so i wondering that the jl sub may cost 800 dollars for 1000 rms but from what ive seen is that with the other suppose to be better subs major changes to your electrical system will have to be performed so i was wondering wouldnt the cost of another sub brand in addition to the electrical upgrades cost me more then just gettin a w7 13 with a box built and not having to make major changes to my electrical output????????????????

still should do electrical upgrades....big 3 isn't a big deal....extra bat, same...not a big deal....

but if you just want to throw it into the trunk and bang, they do get loud on low power so 500-1000 rms would do nicely

I can have a sub sitting in my trunk all day without electrical upgrades. It depends on the amp, not the subs. If you have a 1000w rms amp, electrical upgrades aren't usually a necessity.

i was talking about h o alts that arent cheap at all and the wires so i mean in your opinion what do think would be a cheaper set up a w7 13 with a battery and pumping 1000 rms or a sundown or fi q with all the electrical upgrades they need

you really just don't have a clue about how car audio systems work or what rms ratings are… You will need electrical upgrades when your amp is pulling more amps from your car electrical than your car can provide. Your subs don't pull electrical current your amps do. If you are only running 1500 watts you do not need any upgrades in electrical for the most part. The w7 can take more than 1000 watts.

ok ive read multiple forums and i would like to get to the bottom of this. Ok many people have said that their or many subs that are better then the w7 13 and ive researched the other subs and some have been cheaper and people seem to bash jl because of the price. But anyway on to my question some of the other subs i have seen have rms ratings of 1500 all the the way up to 2000 rms so i wondering that the jl sub may cost 800 dollars for 1000 rms but from what ive seen is that with the other suppose to be better subs major changes to your electrical system will have to be performed so i was wondering wouldnt the cost of another sub brand in addition to the electrical upgrades cost me more then just gettin a w7 13 with a box built and not having to make major changes to my electrical output????????????????
you have a lot to learn my friend

i know an amp pulls the watts if you read my question you will understand that im asking why do people always talk about the other subs when you need so much more power to get them going then with the jl

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

well can you answer my question then

It's about the extra output. Do you want it or not? If you do it cost to play. W7s are really a horrible design. They have high excursion to play those lows but no mass to make the impact. Pointless.

Amp pulls voltage.

Pushes wattage.

Your kicker 1500 will run just fine on stock electrical most likely. You don't have to upgrade the electrical, just use Tue same amp you would use with the JL. You'll just have spent less on the subwoofer.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

And have a better woofer.

Very weak soft parts with a pretty strong motor, don't go together. High excursion with no mass, don't go together. $1000 price tag for a 11 year old design, don't go together. The painted it black and called it a AE? WTF.

So with that being said basically the forums i read the people that comment bad about the jl are mainly spl gurs who just take the price of the jl into consideration without adding in the cost of the other things that take to power the other woofers they drool over

So since its a considered to be a sql woofer the 11 year design doesnt do it justice and have you owned a w7 before or are you just commenting off of what other people say because you seem to know what you're talking about but truthfully have you used the woofer before

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

maxima boy14

10+ year member
maxima boy14
Shubuta,ms
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from