Kicker /=

You should be fine, just make sure that you have someone professionally tune that amp for you(I would recommend a SMD DD1 distortion detector), bad tuning can make or break your sound system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

do you know the ohm rating of the subs? amp looks to be good down to 2 ohm
I actually don't know. When I bought them, I just went in knowing absolutely nothing about car audio, so didn't know anything about ohms or anything. I think it says on the bottom of the sub, so I can look tomorrow.

You should be fine, just make sure that you have someone professionally tune that amp for you(I would recommend a SMD DD1 distortion detector), bad tuning can make or break your sound system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I will most likely take it to CKR (The local car electronics shop :p ) tomorrow on my way home from the doctor and have the amp tuned.

Awesome! If done professionally like you said, you wont need to worry about blowing your subs, or have them being distorted. I had my amp tuned the other day and my system is twice as loud

Awesome! If done professionally like you said, you wont need to worry about blowing your subs, or have them being distorted. I had my amp tuned the other day and my system is twice as loud
I may actually have these 2 12's and my old amp sold for just enough to buy 2 hifonics 15's, but eitherway. :p

I may actually have these 2 12's and my old amp sold for just enough to buy 2 hifonics 15's' date=' but eitherway. :p[/quote']
Depending on how much money your willing to spend/have available, if you really want a 15 you should get it. I wouldn't recommend a hifonics subwoofer tho :0

Depending on how much money your willing to spend/have available, if you really want a 15 you should get it. I wouldn't recommend a hifonics subwoofer tho :0
Care to explain why? (Not saying that in a derogatory manner. :p )

Care to explain why? (Not saying that in a derogatory manner. :p )
If you want a 15, take advantage of brand names, Kicker is a good place to start, but I'm not trying to veer you away from Hifonics, I just want to help you get what you paid for. (personal experience) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

First of all that amp that your friend's dad gave you is a little much for the Kicker Comps. I'm going to guess your Comps are single 4 ohm so that your final ohm load will be 2. If what that amp says is correct it's 950 @ 2 ohm. Your Kickers are only 125 rms a pc. So what I suggest you do is run the Kickers at 8 ohm as you'll pull around 300 or so from the amp. On another note, Hifonics and Kicker are both brands that I personally would steer away from if I was looking at 15" subwoofers. If you want something inexpensive that will eat the Kicker or the Hifonics for lunch look at something like an entry level Sundown. The E series are on sale right now. Here's a link: SSA Shop - Sundown Audio E8 sub woofer

And for God's sake OP do some research. Stay around this site for a while and ask good questions. Don't listen to people like SAbass15. He doesn't know what he's talking about in the least and shouldn't be giving people advice in his first 4 posts when he obviously is a noob himself.

If you want a 15, take advantage of brand names, Kicker is a good place to start, but I'm not trying to veer you away from Hifonics, I just want to help you get what you paid for. (personal experience) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Troll?

Yeah imo this is still the best site for car audio and information in general but if the mods aren't careful they're going to lose more and more people due to bullshit like that. Oh well... I guess you either **** it up and deal with it or go somewhere else. I personally don't frequent the other sites. I think they're all pretty much owned by Ant. Lol! I don't know the guy personally but have heard he's a real dick. Not from just the dome, from actual people that used to be close with the guy.

Yeah imo this is still the best site for car audio and information in general but if the mods aren't careful they're going to lose more and more people due to bullshit like that. Oh well... I guess you either **** it up and deal with it or go somewhere else. I personally don't frequent the other sites. I think they're all pretty much owned by Ant. Lol! I don't know the guy personally but have heard he's a real dick. Not from just the dome, from actual people that used to be close with the guy.
Can you reply to the PM I sent you?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.