Sign in to follow this  
cerami50

Boston Acoustics SR60 Capacitor Details

I've been having issues with one of my crossovers and stupidly waited until the warranty was up to investigate. One of the capacitors on my tweeter board has continuity across it so I'm hoping I can replace it and the x-over will be like new. Only problem is, the only identifying features on the capacitors are "8.0J 100V." No part numbers, no capacitance, and Boston tech support wouldn't help. Do any of you have a wiring schematic for the SR60 tweeter board or can you suggest a pretty universal cap I can replace the bad part with?

Much appreciated!

That would be 8.0 uF @100V non-polarized.

dave

----------

1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra

Head Unit: JVC KWHDR720

EQ: Audiocontrol EQL

Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine 5.25 mids, Morel Maximo tweets

Sub Stage: Boston G3 10", 0.5 cu ft sealed

Amp: PPI Phantom 900.4

Rear Fill: Boston SE953 6X9's

Sweet deal, thank you very much! Now, even if I get one that is technically the same spec, would it be in my best interest to replace both the 8 uF caps on the tweeter board with new components or should the difference between OEM and the replacement be so minute as to be unnoticeable?

unnoticeable... but so cheap you might as well if you're up for it and worried about the other one at all?

Good point. Not really worried, but might as well. Thanks again for the help, I'd buy you a brew but I don't live in Oregon. So thanks for saving me $60.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new FREE account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this