12'' Adire Brahma MK II

boomzabit
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Minnesota
Item(s) for Sale:

12 inch Adire Audio Brahma MKII

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Cosmetically Id rate it about a 7 out of 10. I keep most of my items prestine, but the gentleman I bought this speaker from did not. It has your typical scuffs and light stratches. Performance id have to say its a 10 out of 10. Sounds great, very musical and can get rather loud for daily driving. I had this in roughly a 2.0 cubic foot ported box tuned to 32-33 hz. If your wanting SQ, this is an impressive setup. Anton Miller formally from TML (Team Minnesota's loudest) built the box for me, and Chris Russ (founder of TML) gave me a hand doing the install. If I remember right, RMS on these were 1600w and 2400 peak.

Price:

Ill go $300 shipped on this.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Id love to hang on to this peice, but its winter time and I have other projects that need attention. I may be getting out of the audio side of things for while so I wont be able to take any trades. Sorry folks. These are the only pictures I can find on my PC right now, I will have more detailed pictures this afternoon.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

104_0262.jpg

104_0263.jpg

I also used to own a 15'' xxx, I believe the motors are different. Back in 04-05 if you were looking at top notch SQL subs chances are you were considering a Brahma or XXX. If you do your research on here, a guy can find more then enough good information on Adire Audio.

How would you compare this to your W7 for the following: SPL, SQ, and output below 25hz?

Would love to hear the same comparison between this and a XXX for those who have owned both as well.

Looks like an old skool re xxx clone. Do they share the same motor?
No.

Brahma = xbl2 RE HC, BA Inhuman, concept, blah blah

The mk2 had beveled plates and went to the 12 spoke basket...still doesn't look like an xxx though.

Brahma extreme = non xbl2 RE xxx

Adire Tumult = RE xxx

..and lol @ adire cloning RE. Was the other way around.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of my favorite subs I've ever owned. Does it have the original inverted dust cap with the brahma bull on it? I have been looking for another one of these for quite awhile now. I really wanted a 15" but I make pick this up too. Anyway I could get you to send me a few more pics? Any chips or cracks in the motor slugs? Thanks!

How would you compare this to your W7 for the following: SPL, SQ, and output below 25hz?Would love to hear the same comparison between this and a XXX for those who have owned both as well.
The W7 I cant compare because it was a 10'' and not in the ample enclosure. That being said, the brahma knocks it out of the park on all levels. The XXX was the first speaker I ever bought and that was back in 03-04 I was young and frankly had no idea what I got myself into. Trunk space issues mainly, which resulted in the XXX being starved for air.

how's the coil look?
Coils look fine.

This is one of my favorite subs I've ever owned. Does it have the original inverted dust cap with the brahma bull on it? I have been looking for another one of these for quite awhile now. I really wanted a 15" but I make pick this up too. Anyway I could get you to send me a few more pics? Any chips or cracks in the motor slugs? Thanks!
The sub is in pretty fair condition considering. I rated it a 7 cause im somewhat picky and want to be as straight forward as I can. I dont think anyone will be disappointed in the shape its in. BTW I used to push my XXX with a 1501bd.. great minds think alike. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Item(s) for Sale:
12 inch Adire Audio Brahma MKII

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Cosmetically Id rate it about a 7 out of 10. I keep most of my items prestine, but the gentleman I bought this speaker from did not. It has your typical scuffs and light stratches. Performance id have to say its a 10 out of 10. Sounds great, very musical and can get rather loud for daily driving. I had this in roughly a 2.0 cubic foot ported box tuned to 32-33 hz. If your wanting SQ, this is an impressive setup. Anton Miller formally from TML (Team Minnesota's loudest) built the box for me, and Chris Russ (founder of TML) gave me a hand doing the install. If I remember right, RMS on these were 1600w and 2400 peak.

Price:

Ill go $300 shipped on this.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Id love to hang on to this peice, but its winter time and I have other projects that need attention. I may be getting out of the audio side of things for while so I wont be able to take any trades. Sorry folks. These are the only pictures I can find on my PC right now, I will have more detailed pictures this afternoon.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

104_0262.jpg

104_0263.jpg

1600 rms was a thermal rating actual is 500-750 if i recall

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.