Vented box question... HELP?!?!

fochops
10+ year member

So I have the specs for my particular sub. It is a 12 that will require 2.0 cubic ft, it has a design for a square box with dimensions and a slot vent tuned to the correct FQ. My question is that a square/rectangle box will not work for my situation. So if I keep the same amount of airspace with a different shaped box can I still use their vent specs?

The runner has great acoustics. Not looking for crazy SPL as I know it is unattainable with my setup but I do want the low tones apparent and clean. I'm building a box that will be in the passenger side that will go from the floor up over the wheelwell kinda shaped like an "L". The sub is a SVC 4ohm sub.

Cool, thanks a lot! I've also heard of aero ports, is it worth my time and money? Or should i just make the slot vent since I'll be building the box anyway and will have the material (wood) on hand? thx again...

Kinda wanted to have a clean unassuming box that was more or less out of the way. I do a lot of camping/offroading so I need to retain "some" space back there... Idk what I'm going to end up with but it will be built Sunday. Rest assured that I will post pics and dimensions when done. I heard from one person that factory port specs can be used if the overall airspace is the same. I guess that's all I needed to hear to tackle this project! Haha

Kinda wanted to have a clean unassuming box that was more or less out of the way. I do a lot of camping/offroading so I need to retain "some" space back there... Idk what I'm going to end up with but it will be built Sunday. Rest assured that I will post pics and dimensions when done. I heard from one person that factory port specs can be used if the overall airspace is the same. I guess that's all I needed to hear to tackle this project! Haha
Definitely 2 12's then.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.