I give up... looking to replace my 10w3's without breaking the bank...

g35chick
10+ year member

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bigwave.gif.16324171cad2db62cf4f16568b038478.gif Hi again! I haven't visited this forum in quite some time... but no, I wasn't scared off, unfortunately. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So, I posted a thread a while back about one (or even both) of my 10w3v2's being potentially blown. That was months ago, and I still haven't found the culprit or even figured out which sub is rattling.

Here's a video of my subs sounding asstastic, if it helps at all:

I had to refoam both myself, and, if you're not familiar with these subs, you can't take the dust cap off and use shims (well, you CAN, but its way too much trouble and will probably end up doing more harm than good). I did them by hand... VERY carefully I might add... and neither rubs. One was rubbing very slightly, so I did another refoam and now its fine. I've taken both out and checked the tinsel leads, and I've tried taking them out of the box and playing them to see if I could narrow it down to one... nope. I can't play one on its own because I really don't want to risk damaging it even further. I took the fuse out a few weeks ago and have been listening to my stock system... I'm just so frustrated. Another possibility is that the spider might be loose... but these things aren't like other subs I've messed with so I don't even know how I'd fix that or even check that.

So, unless someone can give me some ideas, I'm about done with these things.

Here's what I'm looking for...

- Needs to work in my current 1.2 cu ft dual 10" sealed box (it was custom... my trunk is tiny)

- I'm ok with SPL but I don't want to be disappointed when compared to my W3's

- I have a JL 500/1... definitely not buying a new amp

- I would LIKE to buy used, and preferably not spend over $300

- Or, if someone can find me a cheap w3v2, that'll work... I only paid $80 for both of mine... not expecting to find one that cheap. Although, I actually think my box is a little small for them... higher notes don't hit like they should.

Thanks in advance! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ever thought about redoing the frt baffle and putting a pair of 8's in there .i might be able to help you with something in a 10 also .i'll have to look and see tho

^ I really don't want to downgrade... I'm going to be extremely disappointed if whatever I do doesn't hit as hard/sound as good as my W3's. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Seeing as I'm going to be spending a LOT more than I did initially.

How do these compare to the W3's? Without hearing them and only reading reviews, I would almost guess they're a little louder?
The lethal injection would probably dominate it in a good box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.