How to secure 45's

nail gun and glue, never had a problem. Why didn't the nail gun work for you?
If I tried to shoot it at an angle into the wood the nail deflected off, if I tried to go straight it just went all the way through the 45 due to it being thinner in that area. It is a pretty cheap nail gun, bostich from menards.

I use a staple gun and glue. The screw method is horrible if you ask me. Clamping and waiting for the glue to cure is an method that works as well...just takes way longer lol.

Turn the pressure down on the nail gun. Try shooting closer to the center of the 45 at just enough angle to go into the side walls, but not so much that it deflects and you lose an eye //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

IMAG0046.jpg

If you look close in that pic you will see where the staples are. 3 per side...I used a clamp to put them in place then staple them in.

just glue and clamp if you don't have a clamp use a couple screws where you need to and pull them when your done and fill the holes with wood dust and glue mixed into a paste.

Turn the pressure down on the nail gun. Try shooting closer to the center of the 45 at just enough angle to go into the side walls, but not so much that it deflects and you lose an eye //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
My Dad is missing an eye from getting hit with a chisel when working on a car.

Thanks for all the replies and help guys. The next box I build should be a lot better, things have kinda changed in the 10 years since I built my last one.

I ended up just gluing and clamping. http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/548161-single-12-ext-cab-s-10-a-4.html I do have nails running from the top and bottom though so that should help. I had some 1" staples that probably would have worked but didn't know I had them.

are you using a brad nailer or a roofing nail gun???? Brad nailer with 1 1/4" nails is what I use...
Brad nailer.

If you look close in that pic you will see where the staples are. 3 per side...I used a clamp to put them in place then staple them in.
I don't know why it never occurred to me to go from the inside out. doh

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.