Get 'Schooled' About Car Audio

aalasley
10+ year member

{I didn't see this video referenced in its own thread, so I apologize if this is a duplicate post}

I know myself and a lot of other car audio enthusiast have benefited greatly from this video. Whether you just want to learn more about car audio as a hobby or you would like to actually learn the truth behind many of the myths or you want to keep your skills sharp, this training video from JL Audio "The School of Sound" is full of useful information.

It's easily worth months & months of sifting through articles and forums on the internet. It will educate and empower anyone who watches it. It was mainly directed at shop owners but the information applies to all.

It is about 3hrs 37min long so:

1. Grab a drink and some snacks

2. Keep a pen and paper handy

3. Note important information and the time it took place for quick reference later.

ENJOY!

It's worth sharing again if it was posted on this site or not. I've told others about this as well and I have yet to have anyone tell me it was a waste of 3-1/2 hours. Great stuff here!

{I didn't see this video referenced in its own thread, so I apologize if this is a duplicate post}
I know myself and a lot of other car audio enthusiast have benefited greatly from this video. Whether you just want to learn more about car audio as a hobby or you would like to actually learn the truth behind many of the myths or you want to keep your skills sharp, this training video from JL Audio "The School of Sound" is full of useful information.

It's easily worth months & months of sifting through articles and forums on the internet. It will educate and empower anyone who watches it. It was mainly directed at shop owners but the information applies to all.

It is about 3hrs 37min long so:

1. Grab a drink and some snacks

2. Keep a pen and paper handy

3. Note important information and the time it took place for quick reference later.

ENJOY!

This is super legit man, thanks dude!

Watching the vid now for the hell of it.

Pretty low blow they take at Incriminator at 23mins, BS like that makes me want to stop watching.

Edit:

Ok...watched the whole thing...I was bored.

I just have to say this:

If you are installing for a shop, and you DON'T ALREADY KNOW EVERYTHING FROM THIS VIDEO....YOU SHOULD NOT BE INSTALLING AT ANY SHOP!!!

just my $0.02.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching the vid now for the hell of it.
Pretty low blow they take at Incriminator at 23mins, BS like that makes me want to stop watching.

Edit:

Ok...watched the whole thing...I was bored.

I just have to say this:

If you are installing for a shop, and you DON'T ALREADY KNOW EVERYTHING FROM THIS VIDEO....YOU SHOULD NOT BE INSTALLING AT ANY SHOP!!!

just my $0.02.
Yeah , the cheap shot they took @ IA , to me just made him sound like every other cocky D-bag JL dealer , trying to justify the cost on that overpriced ****

I don't know about everybody else but I love it when install shops tell me my gear is junk , and there gear is the best ever, just makes me want to buy everything they recommend , because clearly they are experts

Yeah , the cheap shot they took @ IA , to me just made him sound like every other cocky D-bag JL dealer , trying to justify the cost on that overpriced ****I don't know about everybody else but I love it when install shops tell me my gear is junk , and there gear is the best ever, just makes me want to buy everything they recommend , because clearly they are experts
I cant watch it at work, what happened with IA?

LOL,... I did get 30 minutes into it. I figured between the recommended disconnection of resistance during DMM'ing and the very brief and vague explanation of series and parallel wiring told enough. Wiring is one the most questioned aspects here on this forum. Another JL dealer/installer conference....meh

I cant watch it at work, what happened with IA?
Basically just the normal stuff, he made a back handed comment about someone that bought there Incriminator amp @ a flea market(with a giggle from the other guy) in an analogy, you kind of got to see it , it is about 23 min in , good basic info, just the 2 guys doing it are really in love with themselves

Basically just the normal stuff, he made a back handed comment about someone that bought there Incriminator amp @ a flea market(with a giggle from the other guy) in an analogy, you kind of got to see it , it is about 23 min in , good basic info, just the 2 guys doing it are really in love with themselves
They mad cause the Flatlyne sounds as good as a W6 and louder then the 7 at the same time

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.