ID the microphone connector in 2011 F150?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ChrisR
10+ year member

I just installed an Alpine INA-910 in my 2011 F150. Everything is hooked up except the microphone and the rear view camera. I would like to use the existing microphone that came with the SYNC system originally in the truck (which is now in the corner of my garage with bugs crawling all over it).

I am pretty sure this is the connector for the original cabin microphone (the one in the headliner above the drivers seat):

Connector_01.jpg

This is the tag on the cable:

Connector_02.jpg

If this is the microphone, can I just cut it and splice on a 1/8 TRS connector for use with the Alpine HU?

Also, if anybody can tell me where I can locate the video send for the existing rear view camera (the one that shows in the rear view when the truck is in reverse) that would be much appreciated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah, it's the Sirius antenna, routes by glove box, probably up B-pillar to the receiver unit on the roof passenger side. Don't use Sirius with my new system (with HD Radio, why?) but may come in handy some way, somehow.

On the microphone, I'll trace the wire from the headliner. Or ID the color code on it, it's probably there on one of the interface connectors in the dash for me to splice into.

ive replaced where the oem microphone is with aftermarket ones. just pull out the housing, may have to do some drilling and dremel, followed by ca glue, but you can get it to work and completely hide it.

Funny you should mention that, during the week I had time to chew over (with what little brain cpu cycles I had to spare) a way of using the Alpine mic that came with the 910 HU and had sort of fomulated a scheme to do just that (fab something using the existing headliner mic location). The Alpine mic is probabaly a lot more sensitive anyway. I am going to do that and install the PAC steering wheel controls tomorrow. May post a pic if I get time.

Do you by any chance happen to know where I can get to the Ford OEM rear view camera wire and possibly splice a RCA connector on it so I can route it into the Alpine 910 HU? THAT is the only total "unknown" I have left on this install project and it's going to keep bugging me until I figure it out. You can take credit for preserving my sanity if you happen to know the answer to that question //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.