Lanzar Opti 1535d

Boomintempo
10+ year member

<---Old tempo setup, lol
So I figured while waiting for my subs to come in, I can at least build a box for 'em. I'm curious if anyone here has any experience with them and what sort of box they'd really shine in. Right now I'm just looking at building the box that lanzar suggests, but if anyone has any suggestions that be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I have two of them coming in, hopefully I have the space in my hatch for these babies.

So I figured while waiting for my subs to come in, I can at least build a box for 'em. I'm curious if anyone here has any experience with them and what sort of box they'd really shine in. Right now I'm just looking at building the box that lanzar suggests, but if anyone has any suggestions that be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I have two of them coming in, hopefully I have the space in my hatch for these babies.
I was sponsored by Lanzar and I've used the 1535's for years and still running them. My burp box was 4.5 cuft with 1cuft square port for 2-15's, and my SPL drive by box was 8cuft with 4-4" areo ports and 2-15's.

I won a Meca World title in 2006 using the burp box in the truck of my grand am, and my wife won her Meca World Title in 2008 using the SPL box in drive by walled off in the grand am.

Burp systems I would use 4.5cu and SPL I would use atleast 8cuft. These subs really like these designs. I've never used Lanzars specs.

hope this helps...

Daaaaaaaaaang, I definitely do not have the space for an 8 cubic foot box. Obviously this would be for daily driving (SPL box as you put it)...I'll have to measure my hatch area just to see how big I can go. I know 5 cubes shouldn't be a prob, but 8 is pretty huge.

When you designed your boxes, did you just go by trial and error or did Lanzar help you with recommended box sizes. Worst case senario, I'll just go with Lanzar specs and see how it sounds. I'll make sure to include a build log //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Do you happen to have any youtube videos or anything or your setup?

Sweeeeeeeeeeet, I'll just stick with the 2.5 per sub then and see how it goes. If I wanna do any comps or anything then I'll try the 4.5 cubes.

I was sponsored by Lanzar and I've used the 1535's for years and still running them. My burp box was 4.5 cuft with 1cuft square port for 2-15's, and my SPL drive by box was 8cuft with 4-4" areo ports and 2-15's. I won a Meca World title in 2006 using the burp box in the truck of my grand am, and my wife won her Meca World Title in 2008 using the SPL box in drive by walled off in the grand am.

Burp systems I would use 4.5cu and SPL I would use atleast 8cuft. These subs really like these designs. I've never used Lanzars specs.

hope this helps...
SPL and burps are different things? You lost me on this post...

SPL and burps are different things? You lost me on this post...
In FCBC SPL is when you can play all day.....burps are just that burps.....that's not SPL...

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Sweeeeeeeeeeet, I'll just stick with the 2.5 per sub then and see how it goes. If I wanna do any comps or anything then I'll try the 4.5 cubes.
The subs will love 2.5 cuft....what amp you running?

In FCBC SPL is when you can play all day.....burps are just that burps.....that's not SPL... 

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

The subs will love 2.5 cuft....what amp you running?
I'll be using the hifonics colossus ltd, which from what I read as long as I can keep my electrical up will do around 3100 watts rms. So we'll see. The only thing I'm not sure of right now is what kinda load I wanna put on the amp since these subs have a weird impedance! Can't wait though, hopefully it'll be ****** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'll be using the hifonics colossus ltd, which from what I read as long as I can keep my electrical up will do around 3100 watts rms. So we'll see. The only thing I'm not sure of right now is what kinda load I wanna put on the amp since these subs have a weird impedance! Can't wait though, hopefully it'll be ****** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
The subs are suppose to be 1.2ohm but all of mine read more like 1.9 to 2.2 ohm....I've had 10 of these subs and none have read 1.2ohm so you will be fine with that amp. they are great subs....

Yeah, I'm certainly excited to get them in! I'm sure the seller is probably sick of me talking to him about it, but these are the largest subs I've ever owned (next largest were the 15" Punch HX2's you see in my pic) so I'm excited to see how it turns out. It'd be bad *** to get into DB drag again, but its been like 12 years since doing any competitions!

Yeah, I'm certainly excited to get them in! I'm sure the seller is probably sick of me talking to him about it, but these are the largest subs I've ever owned (next largest were the 15" Punch HX2's you see in my pic) so I'm excited to see how it turns out. It'd be bad *** to get into DB drag again, but its been like 12 years since doing any competitions!
A lot of video's and setup pictures are on e2audio's myspace which we don't use anymore but you can go check out the setup and video's.....enjoy

E Audio (The New E² Audio, LLC) on Myspace

There's quite a bit on that page...didn't even know myspace was still around! Holy crap that place is filled with ads. I have a question for ya, how do you guys secure the subs to the box? It seems like regular old screws won't be able to hold...

There's quite a bit on that page...didn't even know myspace was still around! Holy crap that place is filled with ads. I have a question for ya, how do you guys secure the subs to the box? It seems like regular old screws won't be able to hold...
T nuts ? Or wtf are they called

I used deck screws to hold them in....but with the subs being so heavy I also used 2 sheets of MDF for the face to support the subs.....

Deck screws huh? I think I'll probably just use the classic drywall screws...hopefully I can find some with a hex or torx type head. I'll be mounting the subs face up too, so I'm too worried about them poping out, just is a lot of power. I'm thinking 1" MDF, but would like to stick with 3/4" MDF. These subs are definitly BEEF!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.