Looking for 2 gauge power wire (6 ft)

Pumper
10+ year member

Only places I've searched are places that sell the whole kit for at least 100+ bucks. I just need 6 ft of 2 gauge power wire. Anyone know where I can find this at a local store? Quality auto sound only sells the kit.

I'm Googling it but not having much luck.

Side Note: I just setup my amp and new subs. Before it was hooked up on the same amp but old subs. Whenever I played them too loud the sub would stop pushing bass and it would just rattle. I would have to keep it off for a bit then try again. Same thing happened with this brand new sub! I called the guy at BestBuy that setup my system, and he said he checked everything so it's most likely is the power wire.

Does this sound accurate?

Lol what's wrong with BestBuy? He hooked me up with fatter wires for inside my sub/sub box because I was trying to use the same wires for my 12 inch subs for my new 15 inch subs. Seemed like a knowledgable guy.

Thats double the cable you need (it also has the grounding cable). But ya that should work.

However its about 3 x the cost of KNU. 6ft of KNU 1 guage would run you about 17$ after shipping. But the amazon cable comes with the connectors if you don't have them. Fyi KNU makes the best cable out there (so say the Senior people on this forum and I am with them on that.) KNU also has the kits as well, I just put them in they are huge though.

Hope this helps.

You always need to make sure you have a fuse that is inline with the cable from your battery... The fuse you use should be equal to the sum of the fuses that are located on the amp itself. The fuses on the amp are a "last line of defence." You have 3X40A fuses on the amp itself so a fuse higher than 120A should be good, but never exceed what your wire can tollerate. Since you like amazon, the items in the "Frequently Bought Together" section should work, its a 200A fuse and should be fine, but personally I would try to get a fuse closer to 150A.

http://www.amazon.com/Bright-2-AWG6-6-Foot-Professional-Inverter/dp/B003AOC0HE/ref=sr_1_5?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1327625849&sr=1-5

The 150A fuse if you dont wana go with the 200A...

http://www.amazon.com/Raptor-RANL1502-Fuses-Gold-Plated/dp/B0002EXJIO/ref=pd_sim_hg_4

You'll need 2 terminals so that you can connect both sides of the cut cord to the fuse holders.

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-ERTC0-2-Gauge-Ring-Terminals/dp/B0023NVYYI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1327634923&sr=1-1

And its a good idea to always have an extra fuse on hand... Your problem maybe simpler then what you are making it too... you might just need to check the grounding cable on the amp.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.