Got my new sub. Yay!

Wingman0121
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
It is lighter than the RFL but it probably sounds 10x better, the 3HPLM motor looks like it can be separated from the basket but I'm not sure. The flat-wound coil wire is pretty cool though.

DSCN0220.jpg

DSCN0221.jpg

...the funny thing is I don't really know what to do with it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

ok what is it,hahahahaha.... what model/size/etc ???
XTC

It's a prototype sub, 15 inches, LMS coil(the coil wire is flat) and it has the super cool(and rare) 3HPLM magnet, which is kind of like a 3hp motor except with an extra slice of magnet allowing ~4" of excursion.

looks nice..heard her play yet?
Kinda, I played it free-air with my cheap Kenwood 100w receiver and even though it isn't in a box it sounds like it is a low-end monster. To be honest I don't even know the box specs for this sub haha.

btw where do I buy the black epoxy for gluing the dustcap and cone/surround?

It's a prototype sub, 15 inches, LMS coil(the coil wire is flat) and it has the super cool(and rare) 3HPLM magnet, which is kind of like a 3hp motor except with an extra slice of magnet allowing ~4" of excursion.
my proto neo 8" can do 3" p-p... 4 is possible :p so la la.

but that is a very very... very nice sub to have. I envy you and I am not a fan of tc stuff at all. ( did own 5 tc5200 18s ) when I first started posting a lot on here though. sold them all on roe when shon still owned it.

I ended up selling it last night to a friend, I made some money on top of what I paid. He's driving with it down to Mississippi right now.

I guess I didn't own it long enough to get attached to it but I told my friend that if he ever blows it I want the magnet and basket back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Now I want that Alumapro M16...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Wingman0121

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Wingman0121
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date