Pioneer AVH-P3300BT Review

tpmeredith
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Pioneer AVH-P3300BT:

avhp3300bt.jpg

Just got this in this week, and gotta say I'm loving it. Ordered mine off amazon for $349.99 with free shipping. The screen quality is all I could ask for in this price range. It has built-in bluetooth that syncs up great with my phone. Has USB/SD/Aux all on the front. I added the HD module for 80-90 dollars off amazon, this is my first experience with HD Radio in my car and I love it, can tell a big difference between HD and regular radio. All the stations I listen to have great signal around here, have never dropped to regular analog radio vs HD.

The USB is very fast, it's nice going from a single-din with USB to a double-din as it's much easier to navigate the flash drive.

The sound quality is one of the better sounding unit's i've had. My old unit was a JVC KD-r900 and I can tell a good difference between the two. I'm glad this unit has 4v preamp outputs, as that was one of the features I was looking for in a double-din as many have 2 or 2.2v.

I plan on adding the navigation eventually, I just wish it wasn't so expensive. For $200 you can buy a great GPS Unit, so it shouldn't be so expensive for a module box to add on to it in my opinion. This is one of the only down-sides of this unit.

As I mentioned above the screen quality is great for a 5.8" double-din screen that's under $400. I can watch DVD's on it and it also supports DivX which is nice too. It allows for custom backgrounds and downloads them off a flash drive or SD card so you can remove it and keep your background. If you switch to HD Radio and back to USB it resumes where you left off, an obvious feature that some units seem to be missing.

It seems that you can make some animated backgrounds as it has some stock animated backgrounds, even an EQ background. I'd like to see what's involved in tweaking it to have your own customized EQ background, it will take longer until I'm able to figure this and my next point out however.

It appears that this unit may support "Custom applications" but I can't find any information on it in the owners manual.

Here's a pic of it installed in my car, cellphone quality.

kbab94.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice review....i have the 3200 and love it as well!
Ya man I plan on keeping this unit for a long time, not much I've found about it that I don't like

Was looking at a bunch of touchscreens for a while and they were all 500+, then I found this one and knew it was the one to get //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Pioneer is making bank on these things. Everyone is getting them. But when you can get a double din dvd player for 300-400 bucks and it does EVERYTHING, why wouldnt they? I have the 4200 and i love it. Im trading for an active deck but that doesnt take away from the deck, easy ipod navigation and search functions as well.

Pioneer is making bank on these things. Everyone is getting them. But when you can get a double din dvd player for 300-400 bucks and it does EVERYTHING, why wouldnt they? I have the 4200 and i love it. Im trading for an active deck but that doesnt take away from the deck, easy ipod navigation and search functions as well.
Ya I mean the only thing like I said is I wish adding navigation wasn't so **** expensive. Hard to understand why it's expensive when they probably make those modules for $20 in china

Does anyone know what the resolution would be to fill the screen with a custom background? Thanks!
Not sure, if the picture is too big it'll scale it down automatically though, what im trying to figure out is if you can make custom backgrounds with clock/EQ info, as there's some backgrounds that come on it with those, wanting to customize those.

Pioneer AVH-P3300BT:
Good days folks, I have the same unit. Sounds great and clean looking. Only thing I have not figured out is why am I not hearing any sound when viewing videos I have in my Iphone 3g? I can watch DVD's flawlessly. But when I try and view videos I have in my phone, I get picture but zero sound. I also have the Pioneer CD-IU50V cord. But still no sound. Any clue folks? Thank you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

tpmeredith

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
tpmeredith
Murfreesboro, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies