DO NOT BUY FROM Twisted_0912!

Philth
10+ year member

Since there was no "For Sale" transaction and that Twisted_0912 advertises in his signature about subwoofer enclosure building services, I'm not entirely too sure anything can be done other than to warn people about this guy and his lack of commitment to doing something once paid, let alone the quality of the product. To date, this process from start to finish has taken over a month and a half and I'm extremely frustrated so I will try to only stick to facts about the situation.

Jan 28 - I initially contact Twisted_0912 through PM via this site about building a t-line enclosure for two 8" subs.

Feb 1 - Twisted_0912 replies, "i can build them but i cannot design them accurately enough for a customer at the moment. if you find a design i will give you a good price on an enclosure. text me at xxx-xxx-xxxx if youd like"

I message his back the same day realizing that I don't have the resources to design a t-line box, so I tell him I'm thinking of getting a JL 10W6 in the spec'd box from JL.

Feb 2 - I begin texting back and forth with him. (All saved, can provide screen shots.) Because I had just found a great deal on a used 8W7 and amp, I end up working out a deal with him to build a JL spec'd 8W7 ported box from JL's website. The negotiated price was $110 sent through PayPal.

From Feb 2 until March 8, I text back and forth with him inquiring about the progress of the box. In two separate circumstances, I was told "pictures" of the box were going to be sent to show me progress, but they never showed. Even offered my email address to him, but nothing came to my Inbox. I finally received a text stating I would receive the box no later than March 8. That day came and went with no delivery. I asked him once again through text what was going on and no response. I was force to file a transaction dispute through PayPal for non-receipt of goods.

Mar 10 - Twisted_0912 sends me a text asking me to drop the claim if he sends me a picture of the box so he can use that money to ship it. I reply stating that once the claim is closed, I won't be able to reopen it and that there is no guarantee he would ship the box, so I politely told him no. Reiterated his lack of communication and the two previous times he was supposed to send pictures, let alone it's been over a month at this point. He asked if he shipped it and I received a confirmation, if I would drop the claim. I told him possibly. (In my mind, once the package was out on the truck for delivery, I would drop the claim)

Mar 19 - I received numerous text messages from Twisted_0912 demanding that I release the claim so he can pay for other things via PayPal. I checked on the status of the package and it was indeed out for delivery today; I dropped the claim. At last, the enclosure was here. 45 days after payment.

The Fed Ex driver delivered the box to the WRONG address; the apartment across from me. How this happened, I have no idea. Not only is my address in PayPal, but I also text it to him, which I just reverified it is the correct address. Had it not been for me noticing a big brown cardboard box across the way and me being a little nosey, there is a good possibility I would have never received it.

650e80e9.jpg

Anyway, the box was indeed packed up well. There was absolutely no damage to the box and all was well. I go to align the template up for the 8W7 and I'll be damned if the opening it cut out too big. I take out a tape measure and measure 7 1/8", and is like this all the way around. JL's specs, what Twisted_0912 was supposed to reference, calls for 6.94". What I'm afraid of is the wood splitting because even if I center the sub PERFECTLY on the cut out, this is marginal material for the screw to bite into. I'm almost positive the wood will crack/split, and will be surely considered at fault for this.

efb38a8e.jpg

a9aa94ef.jpg

Here is the template with an inside diameter measurement:

9bcabc8a.jpg

I text Twisted about this problem, and he replies and I quote, "Its cut to 7 inches which is what jls website says is the cut out."

I reply back with the above pictures and also informing him it is indeed 7 1/8". Also inform him about JL spec is 6.94", not 7" like he claimed.

So here we are arguing over the serviceability of this box, if there is any at all. I'm not too happy with 1) the length of time it took him to deliver the box to me, 2) the wrong delivery address and 3) obviously the lack of attention to detail on this crucial part.

It really makes me wonder if anything else in the box is off?

In any event, if you are wanting to seek a box builder, I'd do what I can to stay away from him. The above is fact and should be enough to steer you in a different direction.

Cheers,

Philth

This is why you look for trusted enclosure builders are this site. ***** that it happened to you, I have PMs, emails, and texts from various forum customers complain about horrible experiences from other enclosure builders. If its a basic design and the builder can not design it, this should be a sign to not do business with them.

Best option is to ask for a partial refund since you can not actually use the enclosure, then just offer it in the classifieds on here.

On the bright side, at least you got something out of the deal. More then many wind up getting in the these situations.

i always angle drill my screws into the box so any cracking or misses dont happen, or for some stupid reason if they are close i'll at least bite some wood, just have to watch out for drill slippage on the angle its at, dont want to lose a surround to a hole...

good luck, sorry it took so long for a box too, not even my lazy a$$ takes that long //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Philth

10+ year member
Philth
Shiloh, Illinois, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views