SDC 2.5 15 with a new style

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigbud747
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well, just got done reconing this 15 this afternoon. Went by DD yesterday and picked up an Audioque recone for this thing (i got just the basket assembly off a kid for $20). But i had a little fun before i reconed it though...

Questions? Comments?

DSC01440.jpg

DSC01441.jpg

DSC01442.jpg

DSC01443.jpg

DSC01444.jpg

DSC01445.jpg

DSC01447.jpg

DSC01450.jpg

DSC01452.jpg

DSC01454.jpg

Nice. I like it. Hopefully some day I get the guts to build my own woofer.

I would have gone of the top and alternated spoke colors with my two favorite colors.

Thanks for the comments guys. I just figured i would do something a little different. And to Mookie, reconing is fairly easy, it just takes time to do it. The hardest part is getting the coil shimmed right to where it's not rubbing.

subs look bad *** guy love it may do something like this with my rd's when i get ready to recone them to 10's someday. don't know if i will paint the motor though gotta love that crome love lmao

as far as reconing goes guys its fairly easy, just like bigbud said the only challenging part is getting the rite shims to line up the gap so no rubbing once you get that its all down hill from there. now all subs are direct lead so no soldering unless you like doing your own joints then thats some tough stuff. but each is different the aq are by far the easiste i have done myself the rd's are a bit fun but easy because i hae done quite a few of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.