Street Banging 2003 Passat

jmgb4
10+ year member

Ok after talking to a lot of people and re designing a ton here is my final box unless there is something major wrong with it....

DC Level 5 15" being powered with a SAZ-3500D. I am running a 400 amp alty and all zero gauge wire, big 3 and three huge bats... Going to start working on this project March 19th using .75 MDF.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

HUGE tanks to RAM_Designs, Pro-Rabbit, IRPirate and to many others over at the SSA forums. A bigger thanks to Rusty and Mike for making awesome woofers and equipment!

I'de think about 1.25" MDF for that sub, it will take apart a normal flimsy box.

If not the thicker MDF, lay a few solid layers of fiberglass, or a ton of resin.

Also need to 45 degree all the corners, or again it will probably break the box down.

My $.02

I'de think about 1.25" MDF for that sub, it will take apart a normal flimsy box.
If not the thicker MDF, lay a few solid layers of fiberglass, or a ton of resin.

Also need to 45 degree all the corners, or again it will probably break the box down.

My $.02
as long as the enclosure is well build and properly braced he won't have an issue.

as long as the enclosure is well build and properly braced he won't have an issue.
This is true, but a well built enclosure includes glassing or resin and 45 degree inside angles. An 80lb sub is not a toy...I've seen a lvl5 free air on 2,500 watts walk it's way across the top of a work bench on music...That sub puts in serious work and deserves a real box.

This sub will flex the windshield of that car from 6+ feet away...It will take apart a prefab (3/4" MDF) box like a Haitian building in an earthquake.

This is true, but a well built enclosure includes glassing or resin and 45 degree inside angles. An 80lb sub is not a toy...I've seen a lvl5 free air on 2,500 watts walk it's way across the top of a work bench on music...That sub puts in serious work and deserves a real box.
This sub will flex the windshield of that car from 6+ feet away...It will take apart a prefab (3/4" MDF) box like a Haitian building in an earthquake.

LOL,I thought that was funny. Sorry, but I did.

I bet the enclosure will be just fine. Your talking about a lot of over kill unless he is a SPL nut. A prefab enclosure is built below par of even a basic enclosure.

I'm still LOLing at this

My $.02
^^would also recommend this. Rather safe than sorry. Had mine built out of 1" thick MDF for a single btl on 3k and have yet to have any problems with it

Wouldn't the most important corner to have a 45 in it be the bend in the port? I see you live in madison. Maybe sometime we should meet up for some demo's. Maybe at radio doctor if they have a show this year

Wouldn't the most important corner to have a 45 in it be the bend in the port? I see you live in madison. Maybe sometime we should meet up for some demo's. Maybe at radio doctor if they have a show this year
I can add a 45 in with the port no problem. Send me a pm about meeting up. Ill do whatever / whenever

any pics of your car?
Yup. Do you want older ones? Or more recent? Ill post what I have here in a little
Yeah man that box isnt going to cut it......need to Kevlar it! Then you be good to go....
Hows it not going to cut it? Kevlar? Huh?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.