Fi set up vs DD set up

garebear08
10+ year member

il
I know you guys get this alot but..

Im about to purchse a new system for my jeep.

Its either two Fi bl 12" with a brutus 2100 amp

Each sub is 1000rms and that amp is 2100 rms so its good match.

Or

two DD 3500's with there M2a amp

There amp is 1600 cont but 2920 dynmatic( what ever that mean)

The 3500 handle 1200 rms though per sub

The price differnce is about 350$ so its not huge but it is some money. Also both boxes will be 5cubic feet.

This will never see compition!!! And would like them to last a good amount of time. Not looking for crazy SQ but some what clean for to match my focal door speakers.

Let me know what you guys think!

yeah there is a thread on this site already about it bc they were talking about it earlier today....the 3500 will handle more power expecialy if the bl isnt fully loaded...where u from in IL

western suburbs...

Where is this thread you mentioned?

I know the DD handle more but which one of those set ups would be the best? Loudest? last longest? ect?

two bl 12" with the brutus 2100

or

two dd 3500 and there M2a

they are both very good brands i would go with the DD bc u will have a set of very strong subs and a very powerful amp it will be loud and sound very good....u are going to need a extra battery for the DD amp so u dont clip it.....and the other thread was about the bl fully loaded of the 3500 and people still said go for the DD

If your only running the M2a save urself about 200 bucks by getting the 2500's instead. On the little power, the 2500's will out do the 3500's. Now if you was doing 2 m2a's, by all means do the 3500's.

deff go with DD they will last longer sound louder clean! and if you really wanna wake them subs up and make them come alive just add another amp later on in the future and you will be once again happy!

lol my same problem Im lookin at 2 DD 2515's off an SAZ 2000d. either the dd or the FI bl 18's.. Not doing any comps just a daily driver. i like the attitude and what ive heard about dd so far... expensive but u get what you pay for, a solid ass sub. Will DD subs hit really really low? what are they usually known for?

With that amount of power the 2500's are not a bad idea. Also, make sure you have the electrical to back up that amp.

The BL's sound quite good but the DD's are very popular due to their ability to get Loud while maintaining clarity.

I would go 2500's with the m2a (p.s. dynamic power is like peak power) 3500's will still perform with it, but they will want more. Frankly, they would thrive of off an m2a each.

lol my same problem Im lookin at 2 DD 2515's off an SAZ 2000d. either the dd or the FI bl 18's.. Not doing any comps just a daily driver. i like the attitude and what ive heard about dd so far... expensive but u get what you pay for, a solid ass sub. Will DD subs hit really really low? what are they usually known for?
DD subs put up numbers and stay clear. The 2500 is one of their better sounding woofers. It will be able to get pretty low.

The BL's will have the advantage of surface area. and they DO sound good as well.

If you want to get down and low, possibly consider two Fi Q's with BP tuned to ~28-30hz.

If your only running the M2a save urself about 200 bucks by getting the 2500's instead. On the little power, the 2500's will out do the 3500's. Now if you was doing 2 m2a's, by all means do the 3500's.
this

If you are planning on just 1 M2a, go with the 2500's. They can handle the power fine, just watch that clip-light.

I just put a customer in 2 DD2512D4 and an M2a 2weeks ago. He was one of those, "I gotta have 4-15's in my trunk" guys. I talked him into the 2-DD2512s and the M2a, got it all installed and he about crapped himself. We lost a florescent light in the bay while setting his gain.

He came back in the next monday to have the box mounted, he bragged about how his friend wouldn't ride w/ him unless he turned it down...lol. Its easily in the mid/mid-high 140's for daily music, but I put the fear of god into him about that clip-light so he should be fine keeping it undistorted.

623512.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.