Sub to pair with 800w RMS

DarkScorpion
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey guys, I'm looking for a 12" sub (just one) that will pair nicely with an Alpine MRP-M850 (500w @ 4ohms, 800w @ 2ohms). I plan on building a new enclosure specifically for the new sub as well, most likely in the 2.5-3.0cf range, ported.

I'm currently looking at subs around the $230 mark, and I don't mind buying used from the classifieds or off of eBay. To give you an idea of the range I'm looking at, I'm considering subs like the IA Lethal Injection, SSA DCON, RE SEx and the Fi Q.

I'm basically looking for subs that are more SPL oriented without being a full blown competition sub. Since it's for a daily driver, I'd like for it to have great output while still being musical. Suggestions?

Cliff notes: Good 12" Sub that can take 800w RMS, ~$230?

Hey guys, I'm looking for a 12" sub (just one) that will pair nicely with an Alpine MRP-M850 (500w @ 4ohms, 800w @ 2ohms). I plan on building a new enclosure specifically for the new sub as well, most likely in the 2.5-3.0cf range, ported.
I'm currently looking at subs around the $230 mark, and I don't mind buying used from the classifieds or off of eBay. To give you an idea of the range I'm looking at, I'm considering subs like the IA Lethal Injection, SSA DCON, RE SEx and the Fi Q.

I'm basically looking for subs that are more SPL oriented without being a full blown competition sub. Since it's for a daily driver, I'd like for it to have great output while still being musical. Suggestions?

Cliff notes: Good 12" Sub that can take 800w RMS, ~$230?
at 500-800 watts you really don't have that option. I'd probably go with the Q if you just set on those but if you don't mind venturing out go with either DC level 3 or AQ SDC2.5

dc lvl 3, or a DD2500 IMO

as for the hdc, it wont get that loud.. takes almost double if not more power to get loud, if only 800rms id get the sdc2.5

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.