Tapped horn for 2 True Bass Solutions 8s

Immacomputer
10+ year member

Cloud disappear
I just bought a new car and a whole new setup since my car got stolen and now it's time to build an enclosure. I put together a tapped horn (or really expanding transmission line) that should sound pretty good with these two drivers. I picked up the subs off of Craigslist for $100 for the pair.

Design:

24od8pv.png

sevjpv.png

I just cut the wood out today and still need to cut the 45* angles but it got dark so I had to quit. I'm building up the center currently and would have taken pictures but my camera battery died.

vjm9.jpg

Subs:

1zlyv4z.jpg

2efkfo0.jpg

vys12q.jpg

I might get some more work done on it tonight and might have a few more pictures. I will have time on Tuesday to work on it so more pictures then.

I wanna see how this performs too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've been meaning to design a tapped horn for my 18's... lol

I'm excited to see how they perform as well. Their parameters make them very nice drivers for horn loading and transmission lines so I have high hopes. I'm hoping I can get an in car response flat down to 20hz but I'm not too sure about the cabin in this car as it's new to me. It's a '95 Nissan 240sx and it's very different from my Integra. I believe this design would easily get down to 20hz and probably lower in my Integra. Oh, the 1/4 wave resonance of it is ~35hz.

Thanks. The build process should be easy as there aren't any crazy angles and all boards attach at a 90* angle except for the mounting baffle.

I got all the center boards attached and built up the rear wall. Once I get the 45s cut, I'll slide them in and then drop in the back sides and center.

oa7ihl.jpg

ZOMG! THE FIRST PERSON TO PUT A TAPPED HORN IN A CAR!

People who are reading this i dont think you know how awesome a tapped horn is! or how difficult it is to actually design a nice one that is tuned low enough!

anyways, nice but why the tb's? whats there fs?

edit: another thing, im not sure about the opening of the mouth bro, that ellipse will make it tough for both drivers to load properly

ZOMG! THE FIRST PERSON TO PUT A TAPPED HORN IN A CAR!
People who are reading this i dont think you know how awesome a tapped horn is! or how difficult it is to actually design a nice one that is tuned low enough!

anyways, nice but why the tb's? whats there fs?

I wouldnt say the first //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Immacomputer

10+ year member
Cloud disappear
Immacomputer
Ocala/Oviedo, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date