Huge Voltage Drop Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

KickerDawg
10+ year member

ok this is probally gonna be a stupid question. first all i know no one likes caps who cares i did the big 3 i have my regular car battery and 2 diff size yellow tops in back and a 1.5 farad cap and my cap drops to 9.6 and everylight in the car dimms big time what could be going on it didnt start till i added the bigger yellow top which makes no since

are all your batteries new? unhook the last yellowtop and see if you still have voltage drop...

you may have a bad cell in one of your batts...

and get rid of the cap.... it is only good if you already have a super awsome electrical , and just want to stabilize the voltage.....caps become a parasitic draw when your electrical isnt up to par...

are all your batteries new? unhook the last yellowtop and see if you still have voltage drop...you may have a bad cell in one of your batts...

and get rid of the cap.... it is only good if you already have a super awsome electrical , and just want to stabilize the voltage.....caps becomes a parasitic draw when your electrical isnt up to par...

i bought all new at diff times

i think your problem is that your alternator isnt big enough. test the voltage out of the alt, it should be at 14V. Because your small stock alternator is trying to charge your 3 batteries and a cap

Well then what do you think the problem could be dumazz, unhook the big yellow top and try it out!!! if you only make one change and voltage goes funky, pretty obvious to pinpoint the problem
fuken duh
i did unhook it and is still the same could that battery of done something

your alternator could be dying as well....autozone ftw!
this

the extra strain by adding the extra battery probably killed your alternator. get it checked at autozone if you want, but you need a ho alternator

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.