Grand Am Owners w/door pods?

Participant count
  • Participant list

korndawg
10+ year member

IA
Are any of u 99-2003 Grand Am owners that have made custom door pods for your doors? I'm contemplating on tackling a door pod project in hopes for a better install. Right now, my Hex's have zero midbass. If any of u are, do u have pics?

i had everything ready to go.

but then a 400$ phone bill, 200$ speeding ticket, insurance, etc all set me back so i sold my materials to the local shop and didnt have enough to buy the equipment i wanted. so i went cheap. really cheap.

sorry for the shitty example. 3 8'' subs for midbass

2lsxocm.jpg

x6k21v.jpg

and what i made in 20 minutes one night

33de7n9.jpg

i have a 2000 gt. i was thinking about the same thign but what i did was take the door speaker out and cut the speaker cover on the door panel to the size of my speaker. then i just screwed the speaker to the door panel. the midbass sound alot better than when i had it in a pod. if you want pics ill take themn for you.

Sure, I'd like to see some pics. Fitting my 6.5 Hex's were a nightmare. The factory speaker hole that was angled caused alot of probs. Alot of cutting was involved //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Kicks would prolly be ideal, but I'm not sure if i got the talent for that.

Sure, I'd like to see some pics. Fitting my 6.5 Hex's were a nightmare. The factory speaker hole that was angled caused alot of probs. Alot of cutting was involved //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Kicks would prolly be ideal, but I'm not sure if i got the talent for that.
i didnt cut up much and when i screwed my speaker in it was still angled.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.