good sq/monster low end... sealed?

kinglbj7385
10+ year member

i finally decided to go with a single 15 and put it in a nice sealed box. im lookin for nice sq but what sub has a monster low end in a selaed box? on 1000 rms or under. under $400? id go ported but a 15 is gonna take up enough of my trunk space. any suggestions?

If you just want a low end monster, why oh why dont you use a ported 12" woofer tuned low?

Previous guy was right, we're GOING to talk you into a 12 ported //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And for 400 bucks? You have a plethera of options.

JBL GTI anyone?

i'm running 4 15's sealed right now and it does hit low and hard............but.........i'm thinking about going ported myself................. heard a few ported so far and i like what i've heard............but i'm a fan of sealed myself........

I love my Image Dynamic 12's in sealed and they hit low. Not super loud though but **** they are clean, and I even have them on a so so amp. I am saving to get a good amp on them now.

The Oz Matrix sub this guy is selling would work very well.http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425389
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

I've run sealed for years and prefer it to ported. If you looking for really low end sealed is going to get lower. Now ported will be louder and will peak around where you tune it, but for me I like the accuarcy of the sealed box also the fact that it doesnt take up much space and doesn't have those peaks. The OZ audio Matrix elite is a great choice sealed, my brother has one sealed and it sounds GREAT and gets very low. Thats a good option IMO

i prefer sealed boxes also. if you want missing frequencies but loud on lower ones then go ported but if you listen to a large variety of music then i would recommend sealed. if your not going to compete then i would sacrific loud for nicer sound. i have a car with sealed and one with ported. still prefer the sealed anyday for daily. i like metallica harvester of sorrow, pantera walk etc and like the drum to hit hard and jolt your eyes and make the steering wheel jump. i have tried ported many times and no matter what i always end up doing away with it because i have to limit my music selection which annoys me to no end. ported has its place and so does sealed. you want tight yet still get low go sealed. you want loud lows and a limited selection of music that gets loud then go ported, want to compete in spl go ported.

i prefer sealed boxes also. if you want missing frequencies but loud on lower ones then go ported but if you listen to a large variety of music then i would recommend sealed. if your not going to compete then i would sacrific loud for nicer sound. i have a car with sealed and one with ported. still prefer the sealed anyday for daily. i like metallica harvester of sorrow, pantera walk etc and like the drum to hit hard and jolt your eyes and make the steering wheel jump. i have tried ported many times and no matter what i always end up doing away with it because i have to limit my music selection which annoys me to no end. ported has its place and so does sealed. you want tight yet still get low go sealed. you want loud lows and a limited selection of music that gets loud then go ported, want to compete in spl go ported.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

mine is tight and low as you want it. ported //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.