Lanzar Opti 500x2

TheeyaN
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Serbia
Is it any good? Does it have the rated power?

500x2 @ 4 ohms

1000 @8 ohms brigded

750x2 @2 ohms

1500 @ 4 ohms bridged

I will probably get it,and power an MB Quart PWE 352 15'' sub (or 2x MB Quart RWE) .. The sub is ''rated'' at 800,but i will probably push it with the complete power..

I am just curios of how good the amp really is

i did some research on this amp awhile back it should do close to rated power. i read a german article that tested it at 14xx watts at 4 ohms. suppose to be a really good amp i found 1 for around $250

They are built like tanks that do about 10% above rated power. That's it. I love them and lucked out and got a Opti150 for $35. A lot of people believe that they do WAY over rated power when unfortunately they do not. Thats the amp that got me into car audio 16 yrs ago. LANZARs Opti50c.

So basicly its a good amp? It provides good clean signal,and its life range is good? I mean it doesnt brake easy?

And what about the power some of u say it has less,and some of u say it has more? I dont really know who to beleive =)

What about power? I heard that it takes 177A? Does that mean i have to get a second battery? I have a Bosch S5 gel battery,74AH 760A,and my alt charges at 100A i think. 2 power caps,and the cables are 0AWG pure copper.

Lets think about the years they were produced too. The original Optis (bluish/grayish in color) I know for a fact, bench tests and from the local dealer at the time, that those Optis only did on average 10% more then rated. People have said 50%, but it's not true. Not the newer line, say from '99 to present, might be over rated on power. I don't know since we don't have a local dealer anymore.

So ur telling me that they have MORE than rated?

I heard that some test measurment was reading about 1350 rms on 4 ohms..

The one you're questioning, yes. The Opti500, but only by around 10% more so the Opti500 will do about 1100 wrms x 1 @ 4 ohms.

The newer line, silver in color, might ot might not do more. IDK?

The link ^^ is to the newer sliver ones. I have no experience w/the newer line.

The line I'm talking about looks like

DSC01536.jpg

That's a pic of my Opti150. This is the series that people claim do way more power then they're rated to do, but they just don't. I wish they did, believe me I wish they did. These are the amps that got me into car audio.

Now the question needs to be clarified as to which amp is in question the sliver or the bluish one?

After I scroll back to the top he did say 500 x 2 @ 4 ohms. The Opti500 I'm referring to is 250 x 2 @ 4 ohms, 500 x 2 @ 2 ohms.

yeah, those old school Lanzar's were from a completely different world.

Those were the days when Lanzar had in house designers and assembly lines.

In ~97 they began outsourcing to Zed Audio. Zed built them from that time to '99-'00, but Lanzar ordered enough that they didn't have to find a new supplier until the '04 release. That was the first year the optis were built overseas. The 500x2 is from Korea. I haven't seen many reviews on the Opti's from this era, but the few that I have seen have all been positive. Accurately rated. In their price range they should be real solid amps IMO.

Yeah.. I wasnt talking about opti 500,or opti 500.2 i was talking about Opti 500x2..

Its rated 1500 at 4 ohms,and i beleive its a good amp.

I will try it out for sure,and see what happens. I dont really want my sub to ower power my front stage so testing testing =)

Thank you all a lot! =)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.