JL 300/2 for Hertz MLK

bgboost

I just purchased a set of Hertz MLK 165 and a JL 300/2. I'm wondering if the 300/2 will be enough power for these components based on what I'm reading.

My initial thoughts are that it will be plenty, but now is the time to swap out amps while it is still new in the box. I have a JL 500/1 for my two 10w3s.

It's going in a 300zx which is a very compact car......

I'm sure 150 going to each side will be plenty for your set(not familiar on specs on comps) especially considering your car is so small but it is always nice to have extra power on tap.

make sure you deaden your doors though

I recently bought a 300/2 from online car audio because the price was so **** good. $229.00 with free shipping is hard to beat. It's powering a pair of alpine spx 17 pro's and does a good job. I'm quite sure there's better out there, but probably not for the money. I don't think you could put much more power to the alpines and have them live long. They sound fantastic, but at full volume, both the jl and the alpines are at their limit. (which is still **** loud) I'd try the jl in your case, it's a real 150 per side @ 0.03% thd.

Ever look into Audison? And Audison 3.1K is a nice amp for 3 channels. 5.1K is barely any more than $100 more and that's a sweet 5 channel. Audison Amp specs for the 3.1K are 170Wx2 @4ohm, and 1x 1150 @ 2ohm. Can do all channels at 4ohm w/750W RMS on the sub channel. This nice thing about these amps is that the 2 channels are class A and the sub channel is class D in the same amp, very nice.

Also check out an Audison Bit One if you are integrating to stock head unit, awesome peice of equipment. Audison is pushing the envelope by introducing more modern technology into their car audio equipment.

Man, I sound like a salesman, lol.

Ever look into Audison? And Audison 3.1K is a nice amp for 3 channels. 5.1K is barely any more than $100 more and that's a sweet 5 channel. Audison Amp specs for the 3.1K are 170Wx2 @4ohm, and 1x 1150 @ 2ohm. Can do all channels at 4ohm w/750W RMS on the sub channel. This nice thing about these amps is that the 2 channels are class A and the sub channel is class D in the same amp, very nice.
Also check out an Audison Bit One if you are integrating to stock head unit, awesome peice of equipment. Audison is pushing the envelope by introducing more modern technology into their car audio equipment.

Man, I sound like a salesman, lol.
that would sound great //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i love my audison amps, best ive owned to date.

PS, sick setup psyence, that probably sounds incredible. How do you like that processor? its my next big investment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.