02 Acura CL-S New Build *AQ, Polk, Sundown, etc.*

Echo42987
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Antioch, IL
Alright, so I decided to do a new build on my car only because I was getting a little bored w/ my current one. I also wanted to accomplish trunk space, lol since if you look at my old build, I had NONE!

So thanks to MLSTRASS for the design of the box and then to my buddy who's been a carp. for 28 years helped me out, actually it was his gift to me lol.

The equipment used is in my sig.

But lets get some pics of the stuff used:

The Polk SR6500's:

DSCN0627.jpg

DSCN0628.jpg

DSCN0629.jpg

DSCN0631.jpg

DSCN0632.jpg

DSCN0633.jpg

DSCN0634.jpg

DSCN0638.jpg

DSCN0639.jpg

DSCN0640.jpg

DSCN0656-1.jpg

Doing a car build isn't anything w/o the tunes

DSCN0657-1.jpg

The car everything is going in w/ the new wheels

DSCN0651.jpg

DSCN0652-1.jpg

Putting the Speakers in:

DSCN0658-1.jpg

DSCN0659-1.jpg

My buddy:

DSCN0660-1.jpg

DSCN0661-1.jpg

DSCN0662-1.jpg

DSCN0663-1.jpg

Looks good Nick. Make a 3/4" x 3/4" piece where the port came up short. I'm wondering if you switched sides maybe. Don't have the plans in front of me right now to be sure. Port side should have been 3/4" longer then the other side...

Not too shabby.

When you do the back beauty panel, or wall, are there going to be huge gaps like that or are you going to fill those in? Would look much better filled in IMO.

Also you leaving the box raw?

I also have a ton of fatmat in my car...........Has served me well.

Not too shabby.
When you do the back beauty panel, or wall, are there going to be huge gaps like that or are you going to fill those in? Would look much better filled in IMO.

Also you leaving the box raw?

I also have a ton of fatmat in my car...........Has served me well.
I would love to fill them in but the bottom openings you won't see. The only ones you would see are the two top ones which are where the trunk hinges are at. I could possibly get some rubber and put a slit in it, but we will see.

I am leaving the box raw because no one is going to see it behind the beauty panel.

-Nick-

in trunk cars ur supposed not supposed to seal behind the seats. thats where the bass waves travel through and if u seal it up its gonna be a little muffled. id either leave it how it is or just paint/carpet ur box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.