Few questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Streetz
10+ year member

Chicago
I'll try to keep this short, but have a dilemma:

First, I've never dealt with DVC subwoofers before, and right now very confused. I bought an amplifier (Profile AP2000) for a pair of subs I have (which I found out a week ago one is blown). Now the amplifier can have the following setup:

-320 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (480 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)

-960 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)

Now because I found out one of my current subs are blown, I purchased 2 Rockford Fosgate P3D212s. I chose the 2ohm model thinking I can wire both at 2ohms so the amp will output 480 watts RMS. I'm looking at the wiring diagrams and it shows no way that I can do either 2 at 2 ohms or bridged at 4 ohms to get the most out of my amplifier.

My question basically comes down to... am I missing something in the wiring? If they're the 2 ohm model, why can I only get 4 ohm by themselves?

Can I only use one set of terminals and that will get me 2ohms, or are all 4 supposed to be connected in one way or another?

I'm sorry if I come off as an idiot, just frustrated.

So according to that wiring diagram wizard, I can do the following wiring series to get an 8 ohm load:

2_2ohm_dvc_8ohm.gif

and it will be fine connected as the bridged 4ohm stable on the amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.