new car/ gonna try some SQ

dvrmstrng
5,000+ posts

DE
well i got the GOAT and believe it or not i still have the car audio bug more than the bug to mod the car (its pretty fast as it is)

so heres what ive come up with for the setup

Alpine W205

Some PG RSD comps or the Pioneers (forget the model number)

2 ID 8s IB in the rear deck

all running off a Sundown 100.4

obviously wont get loud, but with this car i dont listen to the stereo too loud, the car makes its own music

whatcha think?

change something?

Are 8's the largest you can fit in the rear deck? As big a fan of IB as I am, I wouldn't expect too much low-end authority with a pair of 8's IB.

$500-$700 h/u... and $100 front speakers? For a real SQ setup, spend less cash on the fancy h/u, and more on the front stage speakers.

Sound deaden everything.

Active would be nice, but you dont have to do that. I was just saying change your priorities a bit, less bling in the h/u and more beef in the front stage. If that's what your budget constrains you to.

because id really like to use a 5 channel, i love the idea of a single amp...

well then it was going to be this

Eclipse CD7200MkII (dont know if thats active)

DA175 mids

not sure on tweets

ID8s

5 channel (small belle)

how is that eD amp?

i know most people arent too thrilled with eD products

Not so much the products, its the company that ***** balls. Some of their products **** right along side of them, but tbh their amps have seemed to be pretty solid. I guess they found a good supplier for one of their products. *shrug* Id still never give my dollar to those idiotic crooks, but that is each person's decision to make.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.