Post of the week for sure.

SAG3
5,000+ posts

________
Ok let me explain or spell it out for the kid that said I did'nt know what I was talking about. If play a sub, espeacialy in a ported enclosure, with the hatch open or in a SUV with the back up then your sub has NOTHING TO LOAD OFF OF! It causes your sub to have to work much harder, this is even more true when you play at certain fequencies. This is called "SUSPENSION FATIGUE". Will this happen the first time, maybe or maybe not. To play your sub unloaded is not a good idea at all and can very easily damage the suspension of your subwoofer and thats just for starters.Point 2. Common sense should tell you that if you take an amplifier and shake it around alot that you could damage it. An amplifier has many small components inside of it and it only takes one of them comming dis-lodged to cause the amp to not work properly.Do you really think mounting a amp directly on to a sub enclosure is a good idea, you deserve a damaged amp then! Like I stated earlier, does this happen all the time, no it does'nt but it does happen and I've seen it happen more than just a few times in the last 20YEARS I've been around car audio. It's just not the best place to put your amp that you just spent a-lot of money on!!

Ive been in car audio sice a year before you were even born so don't come at me saying what I hav'ent seen before because there is no way for you to know that.
Seriously.

he's right tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That seems to be out of context, although it could be a lot less condescending.

I feel like that sometimes as I have been into car audio off and on for quite sometime and am probably 10 years older then your average member.

There are a lot of people on these (and other forums of course) that think that know everything regardless of there age.

Again, would you be pissed if your 17 and you have a 10 year old telling you don't know sh*t?

he's right tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
At least about the unloading part //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

mounting an amp isn't directly to a box really isn't the smartest idea. It's done alot, but seriously, how hard is it to make an amprack, even a ghetto one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.