6 re 8's ported installed with pics

bvr_j_0969
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
kentucky
like the title says.

i worked all night last night to put these in ran into a few problems but already have them taken care of.

these things pound. i am suprised at how loud they really are.

100_0350.jpg

100_0347-1.jpg

you can see where i had to shave some of the foam off the back of my seats to have clearance for the subs excursion.

i do have a video but for some reason the sound on it is messed up and sounds like the subs are distorting. but they really dont. i think its just a crappy cam

Cutting into your seats for sub clearance...thats dedication to the game right there.

Those re8's are fun woofers. How much port area do you have there?

30 sq inches i wish i could have gotten more but box size wouldnt let me make the port any longer. it don't have any port noise though.

30 sq inches i wish i could have gotten more but box size wouldnt let me make the port any longer. it don't have any port noise though.
Nice. I had 7 re8's in my ext cab truck in 3.5 cubes with around 70 sq inch of port which I felt was overkill, no where near any port noise. Sounds like smaller port coulda worked //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

how big is it anyways? shouldnt need anymore than 3 cubes net.
i really dont know i have forgot lol i think it is 3.9 ft ^3 before displacements i looked at an old post i made and it said 3.4 but that just doesnt seem right and the way it is in my truck i cant go out and measure it neither.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.