What sub for 300RMS

ItalynStylion
10+ year member

Audiophile
Alright guys, I have a PPI 600.4 that has the front two channels being used for my front stage and I have the rear stage unused. I would like to use them to power a sub but im sort of limited on power so i need some suggestions.

Each channel puts out 75RMS at 4 ohms so that means I can get 300 RMS with both channels bridged at 2 ohms right? Thats what I have to work with, what subs should I be looking at?

(By the way SQ is what im going for but the more bump the better:D )

Someone suggested a Rainbow 10" Vanadium sub. I know their line of commponants is great but I've havent heard much about their subs.

231596.jpg

^^FTW maybe? What else will 300 RMS run well?

i think you're confused about bridging.

75Wx2 @ 4ohms

150Wx2 @ 2ohms

300Wx1 @ 4ohms (bridged)

so in that case, i think an assassin 12 would work out well if you're on a budget.

i think you're confused about bridging.
75Wx2 @ 4ohms

150Wx2 @ 2ohms

300Wx1 @ 4ohms (bridged)

so in that case, i think an assassin 12 would work out well if you're on a budget.
Yeah, i need to learn more about wiring in series and such. What should I be looking for in terms of voice coils and impeadence? Should i get a sub with dual 2 ohm VC or a single 4 ohm and just bridge it?

Also, when a dual voice coil sub has a 300RMS rating is that 150RMS a coil?

Yeah, i need to learn more about wiring in series and such. What should I be looking for in terms of voice coils and impeadence? Should i get a sub with dual 2 ohm VC or a single 4 ohm and just bridge it?
Also, when a dual voice coil sub has a 300RMS rating is that 150RMS a coil?
it shouldn't make any difference at all whether you get a SVC 4ohm or DVC 2ohm.

and usually when they rate a DVC sub at 300W, that means 150W per coil, but there are some manufacturers who publish per coil ratings, so try and make sure.

it shouldn't make any difference at all whether you get a SVC 4ohm or DVC 2ohm.
and usually when they rate a DVC sub at 300W, that means 150W per coil, but there are some manufacturers who publish per coil ratings, so try and make sure.
Gotcha. Who makes the assasin 12"? Your thinking that would run well off what i have?

EDIT: Nvm, found them...ascendant audio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.