New to all of this...

enns_aw
10+ year member

Longrod Von Hugendong
Canada
*If you dont wanna read the whole post skip to the last paragraphs*

Hey to everyone here. Im new to the forums and kinda new to the sound thing as well. Ive been reading the posts for a while now and i have a few questions for everyone on here. But first let me fill you in on my situation first.

I live in Alberta Canada (close to Calgary if you know where that is) and ive just recently bought a new car, a Dodge SX 2.0. I am looking to upgrade the sound system in it. I want to do it right though. So that would bring me to my first real question.

1) What is the first thing to upgrade in your car, the deck or the speakers? And what type of headunit and speakers would you recommend? price isnt a big thing, but about 400 for a new headunit (preferably not from the internet)

I also want to have a pair of subwoofers in the trunk, either 10 or 12. I want to have something that looks nice, has excellent sound quality but when i want to crank it i want it to thump extremely hard. Just so you know price really isnt a big thing here either. im was thinking about limiting it to about 500 a peice brand new.So this leads me to my next few questions.

2) What size of subs would be best?

3) What brand and type would you recommend?

4) What type of box, sealed or ported, would you recommend? and if ported where could i get plans?

5) What type of amplifier would be best for your recommended subs?

So to summarize im looking for a head unit ($400 or so), speakers to replace stock speakers, a pair of subs (10" or 12" about $500 a peice) and a good amp to go with them (no price). Again im looking for sound quality that can be cranked if i want. Thanks to everyone who answers the post.

*edit* sorry for the long post. i know you guys dont like them.

Pioneer 880prs head unit

Pioneer REV speakers

phoenix gold 100.4

2 Fi Q 12's

IA 20.1 amp

that should sound pretty good. and do you want just coaxial speakers that can go in the stock locations? thats what i figured so i didnt name components.

nope //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I took his suggestion in the first sentence //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
haha ok..

OP: i would wonder through all the sub forums to see if anthing catches your eye.

Edit: Springy really means a PG 150.4 amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Well ive been reading up on what you people call SQL (sound quality + loudness or something) and ive so far heard about:

Alpine

JL

kicker L7

MTX

Memphis audio

Mach5audio

Sound Splinter rl-p

Audioque

Hifonics*

Diamond audio

Ascendant Audio (assassin)

So im looking for more info on these subs. As far as i can tell, the Assassin, RL-P, JL audio and Alpine subs are the best ones of the bunch. But could someone elaborate a bit?

Oh by the way, the largest box i can have is about 1.75 cu ft per sub (sealed) just so you know. thanks

L7 is not sound quality at all

how many car audio shops are around you.

look in the phone book and go to as many as you can and listen to every set of components you can to let you get a feel of what you like.

also if i were you adn money isnt a problem. I would have them build some kick panels for your components.

Most people will tell you rainbow for Speakers,or focal too. Just go to different places and listen although u wont find a place to listen to rinbows. and 500$ apiece is alot of money. you will have one hell of a system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

enns_aw

10+ year member
Longrod Von Hugendong
enns_aw
Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date