newb

Seas Lotus Ref's came today!

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

I havnt had a chance to open it up yet. Installation should begin this weekend or next weekend.

Congrats! Looking forward to the review. If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase these and how much? In the market for a new set of speakers!

nice! you'll love them. man o man i just retuned my system to different xover pts and man the midbass just pounds. each mid is only getting 75 watts and pound. once i get my new amp in they'll be getting 150w :naughty:.

i will require you to provide pics of the lotus' :D.

Congrats! Looking forward to the review. If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase these and how much? In the market for a new set of speakers!

You can purchase a new set at mobilesq.com.

nice! you'll love them. man o man i just retuned my system to different xover pts and man the midbass just pounds. each mid is only getting 75 watts and pound. once i get my new amp in they'll be getting 150w :naughty:.

i will require you to provide pics of the lotus' :D.

Sweet. I cant wait to get mine installed. Pics will be up as soon as I get home from work this morning. :D

Holy Crap, 5 posts and no "This Thread is Worthless Without Pics" graphic?!?! You guys are slipping! :)

Holy Crap, 5 posts and no "This Thread is Worthless Without Pics" graphic?!?! You guys are slipping! :)
:needpics:

There is a very good review on the RW165's in the Review section. Did you get the brand new set that just came out?? Which tweet??

I dont want pics, I cant afford them:crying: . I am sure you`ll love them. only seas I can use are the DIY drivers and I love them.

:needpics:

There is a very good review on the RW165's in the Review section. Did you get the brand new set that just came out?? Which tweet??

No, these are the older ones.

alum or fabric tweet?

Aluminum. I can't wait until I get them installed!:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

The drivers are top notch. It doesnt feel/look cheap at all. How do you like yours?

nice i got the alum tweet as well. BUT these tweeters IMO play like silk tweets on roids. very smooth and transparent, airy. very detailed, but show no signs of harshness at all. top end isn't as good as my old LPG 25nfa but the top end is still pretty good.

i can't say enough about the mids though. midbass is very snappy, quick. efficient. as i said off of 75 watts, i can feel it in my chest (deaden doors and sealed up mids will do that as well). also i had the performance mids in before the reference mids. so when i threw in the reference mids in, my music cleared up significantly. the midrange on these things are just insane. you'll love them.

what amp are you running the set on? you biamping?

nice i got the alum tweet as well. BUT these tweeters IMO play like silk tweets on roids. very smooth and transparent, airy. very detailed, but show no signs of harshness at all. top end isn't as good as my old LPG 25nfa but the top end is still pretty good.

i can't say enough about the mids though. midbass is very snappy, quick. efficient. as i said off of 75 watts, i can feel it in my chest (deaden doors and sealed up mids will do that as well). also i had the performance mids in before the reference mids. so when i threw in the reference mids in, my music cleared up significantly. the midrange on these things are just insane. you'll love them.

what amp are you running the set on? you biamping?

Thats sweet. I heard that the alum play just like silk thats why I opted for them. I'll probably wet my pants upon hooking them up and firing them for the first time. Anyways, they're going to be running off an Orion amp for now, and Im not biamping them. We'll see how it goes. I might change the Orion amp out in place of my Nakamichi's. If not, I'm thinking about upgrading to a nice Zapco, Audison, or Arc amp. :D

I can't wait to hear the midbass. I've been reading/hearing stories about them. I can't wait until I finally hear them. I've deadened my doors weeks ago, just waiting for these to go in. I can finally show a friend of mine, that it truly does make a difference by deadening the doors.

nice. but just a note, the lotus' take a bit of tuning to get it to sound right. i mean it sounds great right out of the box but to get it to sound perfect you might need to do some eq'ing. i'm still tuning as of right now but i'm loving them still.

i think biamping will make a difference as you will have complete control of each mid and tweet through your HU.

but anyways good luck and keep us updated :).

nice. but just a note, the lotus' take a bit of tuning to get it to sound right. i mean it sounds great right out of the box but to get it to sound perfect you might need to do some eq'ing. i'm still tuning as of right now but i'm loving them still.

i think biamping will make a difference as you will have complete control of each mid and tweet through your HU.

but anyways good luck and keep us updated :).

:cool:

man o man i just retuned my system to different xover pts and man the midbass just pounds.

Details now! :)

About the only thing I've done EQ wise is a small cut at 200 Hz to bring out the vocals a bit more. As much as I've tried, they just don't like above 2kHz....at 2.5KHz the just get too in my face. Might try the 1/12 octave steps on the 900.2 to see how much more I can fine tune it.

BTW, the mids are pretty revealing...so put in a high quality recording right away....otherwise if you have an MP3 playing on your first impression, you might punch stuff ;)

Details now! :)

About the only thing I've done EQ wise is a small cut at 200 Hz to bring out the vocals a bit more. As much as I've tried, they just don't like above 2kHz....at 2.5KHz the just get too in my face. Might try the 1/12 octave steps on the 900.2 to see how much more I can fine tune it.

BTW, the mids are pretty revealing...so put in a high quality recording right away....otherwise if you have an MP3 playing on your first impression, you might punch stuff ;)

dingaling tuned my system last week ;).

he changed so much stuff. he did a lot of cutting. so when he was done, the xover pts were as follows: sub - 80hz @ 12db, mids - 80hz @24 and 800hz @ 12db (:blush:), tweets - 2.5khz @ 12db.

although there is a very big gap, it sounds **** good. so i was messing around with the xover pts after that (1khz, 1.25khz and 1.6khz @ 12 and 24db) and yes i do agree that as you up the xover pt, the music was too in your face. i was astounded when he crossed it at 800hz but man the system is so much cleaner.

also i got to listen to his system. he's running the lotus ref mids w/ the new lotus fabric tweet. all i got to say is his shiet sounds DAMM good. lol.

he did a lot of cutting. so when he was done, the xover pts were as follows: sub - 80hz @ 12db, mids - 80hz @24 and 800hz @ 12db (:blush:), tweets - 2.5khz @ 12db.

800??? Sonofa!! What bands did he cut and why? Was it really peaky in some regions? Did he RTA it or just buy ear. Lucky bastage :furious::crying:

he did lots of cutting because more doors were resonating bad so he was trying to tame that. so i guess i need some work on the doors. he just tuned by ear of course. he don't need no rta :D.

he did lots of cutting because more doors were resonating bad so he was trying to tame that. so i guess i need some work on the doors. he just tuned by ear of course. he don't need no rta :D.

Yea no shit. Why do say it 'pounds' now....after dingaling cut a bunch of bands and even has it at 80 @ 12db??? No makey sense to me :eyebrow:

Yea no shit. Why do say it 'pounds' now....after dingaling cut a bunch of bands and even has it at 80 @ 12db??? No makey sense to me :eyebrow:

Leon tuned my 3way as well. Dont be afraid of the gaps man!

For instance my midranges are LP at 2k 12 db, tweets at 3.6k 18db.

When he tuned Chu's Ribbon/Lotus Ref 6.5 setup he interestingly cut off the mid at 800hz as well and HP the tweeter over the 2.2khz mark. Simply put , it sounded best. The midbass did get better as well, afterall its playing less range, same power-somethings gotta give.

Leon tuned my 3way as well. Dont be afraid of the gaps man!

For instance my midranges are LP at 2k 12 db, tweets at 3.6k 18db.

When he tuned Chu's Ribbon/Lotus Ref 6.5 setup he interestingly cut off the mid at 800hz as well and HP the tweeter over the 2.2khz mark. Simply put , it sounded best. The midbass did get better as well, afterall its playing less range, same power-somethings gotta give.

:word: That's exactly were my cuts between the mid and tweet are now...till the Ushers go in and everything becomes a complete mess again. Like they say, true knowing must come from experience right?? What you say makes sense in theory...just need to try them that low and see what happens. My guess is that they integrate with the sub better making for a more balanced thud in your chest??

Sorry to dump all over your thread here newb...hopefully all this banter helps you somehow :blush: