Seas Lotus Ref's came today!

I also changed x-over to 1000Hz @ -12db, but music just sounded to thin for me, so back to 2Khz a@ -18db and 3.15KHz @-12db.

Are you guys running kicks? I was thinking about fiberglassing some pods for the tweets in the A-pillar. Anybody want to make some extra money? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That looks **** good for being your first time fiberglassing. Arent you afraid you'll step all over it? How did you make the mdf ring?

no not scared at all. before fiberglassing i had them in that location using velcrow (i know ghetto haha) for about 2 months or so. just experimenting if i liked them in kicks. i liked them there and decided to fiberglass them.

as for mdf ring, i used a jigsaw. not perfect circles but good enough to get the job done.

Thats sweet man. I know that if it was me, I'd be paranoid to let anybody sit in the passenger seat:D , let alone myself. Be sure to post up some pics when its carpeted. Is the mid located in the stock door location? Wont the sound drown out when you have a passenger in the car with you, because of where the tweeter is mounted?

That is exactlly what I am looking for. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

worddddddddddddd

I really think im going to sell everything soon. I MIGHT sell these MB q's, and get the Bo Pros, or even the Z6's because im hearin those are a good amount better than the pro's even. and if that doesnt work...im outta here for a while. Will sell everything but the box, subs, and 4ch. amp

I really want to save up money for an advanced system with active xovers, nice surround sound system. like 100band EQ. Friggin DVD player, 2 sets of really nice comps and center channel obviously (well if i want surround id need a new amp, so maybe not surround), or maybe i will sell the 4channel, i dunno. and find a friggin place around here that has a scope so I can CORRECTLY tune everything...so basically im almost ready to save up for my dream system......probably wont be in a nice painted fiberglass install because that is just way to much money to add on all that stuff.

Thats sweet man. I know that if it was me, I'd be paranoid to let anybody sit in the passenger seat:D , let alone myself. Be sure to post up some pics when its carpeted. Is the mid located in the stock door location? Wont the sound drown out when you have a passenger in the car with you, because of where the tweeter is mounted?
yea the sound does drown out when there is a passenger but about 95% of the time there isn't a passenger in the car so its that much of a conern.

yes the mids are in the stock door location. i think i mentioned this but i'll say it again. when the tweets are the kicks i feel that the sound was much more coherent and full. imaging was much better. the stage was wider and deeper. i did sacrifice some height but the pros weighed way more than the cons. so i kept them there.

yea the sound does drown out when there is a passenger but about 95% of the time there isn't a passenger in the car so its that much of a conern.
yes the mids are in the stock door location. i think i mentioned this but i'll say it again. when the tweets are the kicks i feel that the sound was much more coherent and full. imaging was much better. the stage was wider and deeper. i did sacrifice some height but the pros weighed way more than the cons. so i kept them there.

Thats cool. The last install I did was kind of similar to yours, while I loved it when there wasnt anybody in the passenger seat, I hated it when I traveled because of passengers. In the end, I decided to take them out and mount them on the door panels. It didnt sound as good as it did but it didnt drown out the sound everytime I had a passenger in the car with me. Overall, Im satisfied. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

No worries about huge gaps. Remember, we are not completely cutting off the freq, just attenuating it.

My setup:

Tweeters: HP at 3.6khz @ 18db

Mids: HP at 71hz @ 12db, LP at 1.2khz @ 12db

Sub: what sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

For some reason, the lotus mids sounds like home around the 1.0khz area.

I just finish deadening my door panel because it's plastic and it was resonating like crazy. Lower midrange was buzzing all over the place. I had to cut 250hz by -4db with a Q factor of 0.5 just to get it sounding okay. Doesn't help that my car came with 4" stock, so the grill was small and very reflective. That had to go too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Now I can up the EQ to -2db instead of -4db, which sounds more reasonable.

I still need to mount my tweeters though. They're just sitting on the dash calling out my name. I need to find spare a-pillars //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

newb

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
newb
los angles, ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date