Am I doomed for a front stage?

davidfre21
5,000+ posts

Is just a lil racist...
WesTex
dammit why am i havin so much trouble..

the first time i get the idea of a front stage my be nice i end up with some CDT EF mids with pearless tweets/overs. Get these hooked up with a visonik 2ch and they sound real nice, so i was happy with it and it only cost like ~$100 for everything. Well later that day i get some crazy ass distortion and poppng coming from the doors //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif then that all too familiar coil smell... So i give up on the idea of the time being..

A month+ later i thought id up the notch and got a set of Morel Dotecs and a nice JBL 2ch amp. Finaly got these installed on saturday get em running and noticed i picked up a noise from something. Aside from the noise though they sound friggin awesome. Until i started my car, that slight noise turned into a horrible whine that i couldnt drowned out by turning it up anymore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif . And i just spent an hourish trying to locate it without any hope.

So far ive tried:

New rcas

New remote

Different Power wires

Different grounding locations

Tried switch the deck RCAs to front/back to cure it

just not havin much luck here

/rant

the amp was new, only thing i can think of is the cd players RCA input... it uses a plug which branches into rcas. If i get a chance ima try a friends cd player in there.

BTW i have a pioneer deh-8600mp

oh yea and as far as the first set i have, i pulled them the other day and couldnt find a dam thing wrong with them

I know you said you changed the RCA's but something to look at that has happened to me before is, one of the RCA ends was touching on a piece of metal behind the HU. I just wrapped it with E tape and it solved the problem. Just something else to check. I envy you and your Morel speakers. It sux to have a great product such as that and it not work right. Hope you find the problem. Good luck.

thanks, they are great //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i actual had the deck pull so no touch should have happen. i wish it would have been something so simple though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

how come no one recommended turning the gain down?
check the gains... turn the gain down and see if that helps any

you may have the gain set too high

Probly because that isnt what his problem is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Yeah You should try grounding your headunit if it's a pioneer. the same thing happened to me the other day. Tie speaker wire around your rca's tightly then connect it to a screw on the deck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.