Sign in to follow this  
canadian_mofo

Did It!!!

Well i did it. took about 51 square feet too deaden both my truck doors. Thats alot more than i thought it would take. Also covered all the big holes with 1/4 inch MDF board. Just waiting for the ups man to drop off the acoustic foam for behind the speakers sometime in the next hour and ill be able to give it a listen. Have about 10 square feet left of deadening any other place i could use that? Dont know if its worth using behing my little 4X6 infinity's in the back. Too give you an idea its a Sierra reg cab. Oh i also bought this closed cell foam from raamat that worth using anywhere??

Pictures :)

((REFS))

mykul , regal8r , digital mint , PEsteele , Saywhat? , _Djscrew_ , Lastcall , cazorp , fosgate140 , snoopdan , imaspaceguy90 , pychosis , apollyon, Bigdrez

Roe (Refs)

in_a_volvo

sittinsidewayz

i bet your doors are heavy

i bet your doors are heavy

they were heavy ass truck doors before but yeh now they are beasts.

how long did it take?

Do not buy from IndoAudio.

im a feg!

:evil:

took about 8 hrs including the real good cleaning job i did and cutting the MDF for the holes add another 40 mins to make the MDF baffles for the speakers and applying clay. If i can find a camera around that works ill take a pic of the finished product

• Haha 1

over 25 sq ft per door? WTF? is that double or triple layered? that's alot of surface area. you just lost 1.5 mpg!

• Sad 1

2013 Nissan 370Z GM 6MT

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

ID CTX65CS

Alpine PDX‑V9

Alpine SWR-T10

Wicked Magic Box

35sqft Dynamat

Iraggi Alt (for sale)

(2) Sound Splinter 12" RL-P's (for sale)

Well it was worth the money. I liked my Type R's before, but they sounded nothing like they do now. In fact now i feel as though they sounded like crap before after listening to them with thouroughly deadened doors. Couldnt imagine what it would sound like if i got some real top end speakers. Deffinatley true when you guys say install makes all the difference. Spent more on the products to install then the speakers but made a world of difference and im really happy with the results.

A+ for deadening and sealing up your doors. It's really surprising how much of a difference it makes, but there is a reason why everyone says to do it. I think a lot of people on this board would be better off with cheaper door speakers and better installs...me included for the time being.

Eclipse CD5444

DLS R6A's -> Aura RPM2300

sold the subs because i don't drive much anymore

You should put a layer of Ensolite on the inside of your door, on top of the deadening you have already installed.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this