• Nakamichi
    • Panasonic
    • Pioneer
    • Rockford Fosgate
    • Sanyo
    • Sony
    • Stock
    • Other

Actually we have better DACs now. Burr brown is still burr brown. Nothing in that regard has changed.

Burr Brown is already getting obsolete. In every way technology improved and cost has plummeted.

You know nothing about speakers.

What does that have to do with measurements and vehicle artifacts? Do you think what I said is wrong?

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

Zapco ST-4X SQ, ST-1000XMii

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Alpine SPX Pro ring radiators

Hertz HV165XL

Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

What does that have to do with measurements and vehicle artifacts? Do you think what I said is wrong?

artifacts? you mean acoustics?

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

Burr Brown is already getting obsolete. In every way technology improved and cost has plummeted.

Agreeded. There is no reason to use old equipment unless it's a better value for what you need.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Hertz HV165XL

i never did like BB DACs

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

artifacts? you mean acoustics?

No. I mean artifacts

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Hertz HV165XL

Never heard of that brand....

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

I voted 'Other" cause I am using 'ATOTO'. Which is only $249. But that is the Best Android radio I've used so far!Even better than my last "Pioneer " You guys deserve to try this awesome product: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075W9GMPF

except android units are sh*t for car audio. They are nice for normal people, I installed one for my friend but complete junk for audio enthusiasts

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Because @bluemind is a spammer .....

Refs;Bought from: Boomsday, special_k_1999, BAD_MAYEM, C1500Martin, roko, Michaellane

Sold to: sam_b03, Nate121, Smaxor5, Boomsday, unrealii, paulluap,technobass,gmc123

TN State Champion MECA MOD 4 - 2017 + 2018 (158.38db at the headrest on 6500w) 

2nd place World Finals MOD 4 - 2017

#Boominburban - Team OSC - Team FU Audio

Two JS Ult 300 amp alts - Battery delete under hood - 105ah of LTO Lithiums -

80 prs HU - PPI DSP -88R DSP - PPI E.7 EQ for fine tuning

Four PPI p600.2 on front stage - 4 CDT HD-M6's / 2 DS18 6.5 neopros / 2 Dayton Audio RS28 silk dome tweeters

Three Taramps 15k's on 6 FU Audio 1250 - 15's

I always had /////ALPINE but switched to Kenwood a couple years ago only because I didn't like /////ALPINE's integrated navigation and I'm old/stubborn and won't give up a CD/DVD transport. /////ALPINE still has the best SQ and GUI, but in this case, Kenwood fit the bill. I still use PDX amps and Type-X Pros for the rest of my system.

What ever happened to the 7903, PQ-20's & 320 i/s ? :D

Kenwood excelon for the win

No. I mean artifacts

Crackerjack box *** *****

Pioneer DEH-X5900BT, disappointed of the Bluetooth’s latency & delay it has though :c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve owned them all but Audiobahn and Denon ..I currently have at least one of every model listed above except for Audiobahn and Denon of course and I no longer have any Aiwa

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3

StreetBeat 2................... 145.6

Stock 1801-up.................153.8

SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2

Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

I have had a few Pioneers. 2400Bt, a 2500BT, and now a 501EX. I stuck with them for awhile because if I felt like upgrading for several years all I had to do was pop the dash open, unplug one unit, and plug in another. I'd usually pick up an older model on its way out to get whatever features I didn't currently have that I decided I wanted. This last time I found out once I had the dash open that they changed the shape of the power plug at some point so I had to run back out to get a harness and make all the connections. No big deal, I went ahead since I was already committed and had everything un boxed. But I might have taken my time and looked at other head units if I knew ahead of time it was no longer a simple plug and play swap.

Regardless, the Pioneers always seem to pack a little bit more features for the money than the other manufacturers. I just wish their hard buttons were as user friendly as everybody else's.

Edited by eharri3

Re: whats some good components?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathpenalty18

Not an sq set up just want good sq speakers and tweets not interested in mids! And my sub is a fcking ia dp 18 with a memphis 4kw

Originally Posted by x1le

mids ARE speakers.

A component set = pair of midwoofer's and a pair of tweeter's

and nobody cares what your sub is.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now