ZX2500.1 too much power for W7s?

Participant count
  • Participant list

dom1013
10+ year member

Do you think it will be too much for 2 12 W7s ported(built to spec) wired to 1.5 ohms?

I've heard of them being underrated #1 , #2 I'm going a tad bit under 2-ohm(vc read at 2.8 actually).

If I was going to over power them I definitely needed it to be good, clean power. Hardest part is I can get the zx2500.1 for under $400 brand new.

Other options:

T1500 bdcp

DD M3a

Let me know fellas!

*note* I just heard them the other day in a vehicle with (2) jl 1000s. PERFECT! But I'm not spending $1200 in amps. Tight budget.

Do you think it will be too much for 2 12 W7s ported(built to spec) wired to 1.5 ohms?
I've heard of them being underrated #1 , #2 I'm going a tad bit under 2-ohm(vc read at 2.8 actually).

If I was going to over power them I definitely needed it to be good, clean power. Hardest part is I can get the zx2500.1 for under $400 brand new.

Other options:

T1500 bdcp

DD M3a

Let me know fellas!

*note* I just heard them the other day in a vehicle with (2) jl 1000s. PERFECT! But I'm not spending $1200 in amps. Tight budget.
No I don't think it's to much power. Just make sure you adjust accordingly. Watch bass level settings. Really watch the gain setting and watch that amp for a less than 2 ohm load. Mixed emotions as If the amp will hold lesser than 2. Some will and some won't. You won't know until you try...

No I don't think it's to much power. Just make sure you adjust accordingly. Watch bass level settings. Really watch the gain setting and watch that amp for a less than 2 ohm load. Mixed emotions as If the amp will hold lesser than 2. Some will and some won't. You won't know until you try...
Yea I pretty much agree with you. The gains will definitely be tuned perfectly, probably with the new smd tool. The greatest thing about the kenwood unit is the sub gain at the head unit goes up to +10 but down to like -25! That nuts but its almost like they designed for situations like this. From what I read on multiple occasions also, they've been pushed and played faithfully under 2 ohms without an issue. I'm thinking the little 1.5 will been fine. We'll see how this goes.

You can always back down the gain a bit to maintain your equipment for a long time. Remember under-working an amp is a great thing.
Yea, it looks like this gain will be pretty much at its minimum setting to keep clipping under control

That would be a perfect match.
PM me where you can find the kicker for that price please bro..
I hope it'd be a perfect match as well, sounds good on paper, gotta make it a reality! haha & the pricing is through a friend who works a company that endorses kicker. I'll see if there's a limit to what he can get for me.

I appreciate that input fellas!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.