ZX1500.1 or Brutus BXi1606d on Type Rs??

BassmentJack
10+ year member

Resident Douchebag
USA
Which would be better/safer power-wise on the type R 10s? I have both amps and am not sure if I want to run the zx 1500RMS@ 2ohms, or the Brutus 1100RMS @ 2 ohms, or which would be better for the life of the subs. I do not use bass boost and keep the gains about half way.

My personal experience, my buddy's KX1200 on his 2 12" R's was louder than my BXi2006D on my 2 12" R's.

My BXi was also much less efficient.

Kicker quality > Hifonics quality. The Kicker will put out more power as well.

kicker. this is coming from a user whose the same subs but in 12's with the bxi1606d. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

My personal experience, my buddy's KX1200 on his 2 12" R's was louder than my BXi2006D on my 2 12" R's.
My BXi was also much less efficient.

Kicker quality > Hifonics quality. The Kicker will put out more power as well.
most likely it was the car or voltage issues with you, because those amps do rated power @14.4 so maybe he had better electrical and you were having severe voltage drops

most likely it was the car or voltage issues with you, because those amps do rated power @14.4 so maybe he had better electrical and you were having severe voltage drops
Yeah I'm thinking the same thing...my Hifonics amp kicked ass @ 1 ohm. In fact, it did ~1100w @ 14.4v when me and my friend benched it.

kicker if you dont mind spending the money, hifonics if you are looking for budget.

kicker > hifonics

but hifonics is great when you only have X amount of dollars. I dunno, i lub both of them differently, lol.

I'd spend the extra dollars on that zx1500. You'll thank me later when you noticed you made the right decision. I used to have the bxi1606 on two Rs, so its coming from experience.

I have yet to see a stock electrical that can maintain 14.4 on a 1500-2000 RMS amp.

Directly swapping his amp to my car, my voltage drop was less, and I was louder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BassmentJack

10+ year member
Resident Douchebag
BassmentJack
USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date