Senior VIP Member
These are new for 2011 too...

ZRS Smart Tech amplifier series

In stock, now shipping 4 models.

D100.4 - 4 x 100 @4ohm

D1600M - 1 x 1600 @2ohm

D1800M - 1x 1800 @1ohm

D2500M - 1x 2500 @1ohm

The ZRS Smart Tech amplifiers feature a full LCD display that monitors and indicates all working functions of the amplifier in real time with a proprietary programmed computer chip.

When the ZRS Smart Tech amplifier is first turned on, the diagnostic system scans the amplifier circuitry and internal operations for start up status, the LCD will display the amplifier model number and the system status - SYSTEM OK.

It then proceeds to monitor the performance of the amplifier and will display DC voltage and amplifier internal temperature. Should there be a problem at some time the ZRS Smart Tech can actually diagnose something as a faulty output transistor and shut down the amplifier before any DC voltage reaches the speakers. If the amplifier begins to “square wave” the display will indicate distortion and the channel where the problem is, if the amplifier thermals it will clearly indicate “Thermal Protection Mode” if an output transistor blows, it will indicate “DC Protection Mode” and so on...

What's a nice feature on these amplifiers is the “Peak Limiting Compression Circuitry” that is built in to the Class D mono block amplifiers. By turning on the Peak Limiter switch, the amplifier will never go in to distortion, the amplifier will automatically analyze the input signal and gain of the amplifier and reduce the wave to avoid clipping and distortion. But what’s very nice about this circuit is that if the customer ever does want to compete, he can turn the Peak Limiter off and clip the amp into distortion thereby raising the SPL of the system.

The ZRS Smart tech amplifiers also features our own unique BASS FOCUS circuitry. As installers many times are forced to install woofers in enclosures that are too small for optimal bass response. The Bass Focus will actually fool the woofer into thinking it has more air behind it than it actually does and will play down to a lower octave. This function is also very useful for door speakers to add that extra punch without stressing the speaker into distortion and thermal damage.

Of course all the mono block amplifiers in the ZRS Smart Tech line can be bridged and daisy chained via our Master/Slave circuit and all controls thereby are handled by the master amp guaranteeing perfect system gain and crossover matching.

The ZRS Smart tech 4-channel amplifier has a CLONE FEATURE so that when the amp is bridged, all gain and crossover functions are controlled by channels 3 and 4 which guarantees perfect tracking between all channels.

The 2 channel ZRS D250.2 and D350.2 are full range digital amplifiers and provide clean, full range power, with lower distortion and a fuller, richer, warmer sound than any other full range class D amps on the market. The design helps keep things cool even at extreme high power levels.

Um, sign me up? These look VERY promising. Are you allowed to specify a price range, or do we have to wait until they are released?
They are in stock and shipping now...

I can quote MAP pricing here.

D100.4 - 4 x 100 @4ohm - $399

D1600M - 1 x 1600 @2ohm - $538

D1800M - 1x 1800 @1ohm - $699

D2500M - 1x 2500 @1ohm - $799

If you take a look on our website there are PDFs of the sales sheet and Amp manual.

Amplifiers - ZRS - Cadence Sound Store

Also, please note the amps are shipping with the black end caps. The D250.2 & D350.2 photos will be updated when I get them in next month.

Love the idea of the "Peak Limiter" feature! But I have a question, why is the D1600M rated to 2ohm while the others are 1ohm? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

With the peak limiting compression circuitry, what would be the need for setting the gain? Does the circuit just drop the signal down into a safe level or cut it out completely? Would I just be able to turn the gain all the way to the top and let the circuitry do the work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the idea of the "Peak Limiter" feature! But I have a question, why is the D1600M rated to 2ohm while the others are 1ohm? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
All the amps are rated down their nominal impedance. The other monos' are stable down to 1 ohm, the D1600M is stable down to 2 ohm.

It's good to have that flexibility and have that 2 ohm amp available, there are a lot of SVC 4ohm and DVC 2ohm out there.

With the peak limiting compression circuitry, what would be the need for setting the gain? Does the circuit just drop the signal down into a safe level or cut it out completely? Would I just be able to turn the gain all the way to the top and let the circuitry do the work?
That's a good question, but one I want my engineer, the guy who designed the circuit, to respond to. I kicked the question over to him, and I hope to have a reply I can post today. Thanks for the patience....

what i would like to see is actual clamp tests cause the only cadence amp i have seen make rated is the old A7's. the old 2500.1 didnt bench even 2k real output.

i hope these amps make more than rated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

where are ur amps made korea or china?

what i would like to see is actual clamp tests cause the only cadence amp i have seen make rated is the old A7's. the old 2500.1 didnt bench even 2k real output.
i hope these amps make more than rated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

where are ur amps made Korea or china?
These are made in China, the competition series - ZRS C series, are made in Korea.

Which "old" 2500.1 are you referring to?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CADENCE SOUND

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
CADENCE SOUND
Howell, New Jersey, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date