zane, need help with alpilne splits...

Participant count
  • Participant list
Generally they are designed for free - air applications, however can produce better sound in some cases in a sealed enclosure.

In order to determine the enclosure volume, I will need the T/S Parameters for these speakers.

SPL(sensitivity)

Qts

Qms

Qes

RE

Fs

Vas

BL

take it easy,

-zane

thanks zane.

Unfortunately I am unaware of the various parameters of the alpine splits. As they were given as a gift, there is no packaging. I might be able to go to my local car auido shop and find out more specs (they were unexperienced with enclosures/ enclosure volumes). Until then, I do have more info on them that may or may not help. The info I found in the latest full line catelog made by ////ALPINE. Here they are.

Model: SCS-1756

Type: Component 2-way

Size: 6-1/2" 16cm

Peak Power: 150watts

Nominal Power: 50watts

Freq Resp: 45-22,000hz

Sensitivity: 90db

Install dia:140mm

Depth:60mm

Magnet weight: 226g

hope you can find ANY of this useful and thanks for your help!

well thanks anyway zane, could you even come up with a rough estimate size box for a 6 inch speaker like this component. I am going to be using this pair as replacement speakers for my 4ohm home stereo (in bedroom) instead of the crappy pioneer numbers with their 7mm chipboard boxes.

(p.s. should i bother playing around with ports for better bass as i have an unlimited supply of MDF-joys of being a son of a cabinet maker)

again, ANY help is greatly appriciated

i done some research and found the parameters. here they are:

SPL: 91dB/W/m

Qts: 0.51

Qms: 4.4

Qes: 0.57

Re: 3.5ohm

Fs: 52hz

Vas: 0.93 cubic ft (26.2 litres)

Bl: ?

cone area: 132.7cm

voice coil dia 25mm

driver physical volume: 39.7 cubic inch (0.65 liters)

Hope you can find this info useful, and again thank you very much for your help!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.