Zane! & other electrical gurus, I need some help please!

Participant count
  • Participant list

borborygmi
10+ year member

I'm connecting my amp to my head unit with Monstercable Interlink 201XLN RCAs. I need to cut one end so I can splice it into my factory harness in my trunk (leads to my head unit for the HU outputs) and the other end of the RCAs will plug into my amp. These RCAs are 'balanced' with a (+) & (-) for each channel. Here's my question, Monstercable has a 'drain' wire running the length of the RCAs, where do I connect this wire when splicing into the factory harness?

TIA

sorry i cant answer your question but i would suggest that you do NOT cut the monster cable rca cord. buy a short (less expensive) male to female rca cord and cut and splice that.

because the monster cable was probably very expensive and if you make a mistake when splicing you would not want to have to buy a whole new monster cable (or reinstall it) just because you messed up the last 6 inches. plus when you upgrade the HU you will have an "intact" monster rca cable to use in the future. thats why.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.