Z v.4 15" Prototype Built Up

The SA will not get these frames ; they simply cost too much and wouldn't give us a good benefit to cost ratio.
I've been discussing on Facebook a bit of releasing an "SA Ultra" model in 10/12/15 sizes that is about $50 bucks more that has about 33% more linear x-max, 20% higher motor force, a 25% higher thermal rating, around 1/2 the at-rest inductance, thicker magnet ID shorting ring, and newly tooled spiders and surrounds with expanding excursion capability. We would eventually tool a basket more similar to the SA-8 v.2 for this line but for at least a year would be sold with the 4-spoke frame as it still works out for the design.

We would keep the current SA line on board, simply doing slow tweaks as we have been for years, as so many folks like them and like the price point as well.
That sounds like a fine idea.

You people complaining about the price should come see how much car audio gear costs in Australia. You've had it too good for so long in the US that now the dollar isn't so high and construction is being outsourced overseas you feel the pinch everyone else does. For instance I for one think $500 is bloody cheap and I'm going to be paying exorbitant freight fees on top of the price when I purchase my 15" Z4 due to having no dealer in Australia. I couldn't get a sub with half this quality and performance at a local store even with our dollar beating the US dollar. Just food for thought.

Just cuz that surround reminds you of a Ti //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I love the attention he's giving the motor and the linear behavior of the design as a whole!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sundownz

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
sundownz
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date