YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT! - IT WAS THE DUSTCAP (Treo SSX's)

kowboy
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well...A week or so ago, my treo's started rattling ( http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199765 ) and it was scaring the **** outta me. I really thought something was wrong. Well, you guys were right. It was just the stinkin' dustcap. And it finally came all the way off today (with a little help, of course).

My question is this: What can I use to glue the dustcap back on? Do I have to use ca glue (or whatever it's called)? Is there any glue that I could buy at home depot that would work just as good? Or should I not half-step, and order the right stuff? Will it hurt to play it w/out the dustcap? Obviously I'd hate for something to fall down in there, but other than that, would it be OK? A little help plz? Oh, and what the hell is all that yellow glue in there?

treodc.jpg

treodc2.jpg

treodc3.jpg

treodc4.jpg

my csx's did the same thing and omg they sounded like chit... i thought the coil was gone on the one that started leaking first. but it was just the dust cap. i glued them back one with some ca and there good as new.

hobby lobby sells CA glue and accelerator AND de-bonder. only clear though. I've been to HD, lowes, and michaels looking for it with no luck.

my csx's did the same thing and omg they sounded like chit... i thought the coil was gone on the one that started leaking first. but it was just the dust cap. i glued them back one with some ca and there good as new.
Oh yeah? *leaves to go and get some krazy glue from 7-eleven* -Thx.

Glad you finally found the problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Should be an easy fix, so I say make some vids when you get it fixed!

Yeah....other than the rattling, the subs are great. I just glued the dustcap on tonight. I'll let you all know tomorrow how it holds up. Thx all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.