Yo tengo un problemo

Participant count
  • Participant list

ArcaneParadise
10+ year member

(I have a problem) =D ; Okay. So I have a setup going and I had it professionally installed and stuff. I have 2 10" (Someday to be 12"s) and their nominal impedence is 4 Ohms (If it helps any). They are hooked up to a RF Punch 800.2 (Should be quite enough power) and I have the gains turned down all the way but on my Head Unit I have the bass at +2 (Out of +6). I cranked up a Green Day song to 48 out of 60 [but keep these in mind even though I have it at 48, (The gains are turned all the way down, the remote bass boost control is half-way (Not too bad), and the song I was playing was a Green Day song so it had like not that much bass at all.) I'd say that they were bumping about 33% to 50% of their XMax. So I was doing this for like 15 minutes and my ears hurt from all the treble and mids and my RF 800.2 has a habit of heating up pretty badly after like 15 to 20 mins. I went to touch it to see how hot it was. It was as hot as a freaking stove. I mean literally, I could have gotten a pan from inside my house, stuck some eggs in it and had some eggs right there in my truck. Although it would be really nice for that I would rather it stay at a not-so-hot temperature rather than fry eggs on it. Someone said that it may have been hooked up wrong and that it should be wired at 8 Ohms and the person thought it was probably wired at 2 Ohms. I had it installed by a store so I do not know what it was wired at or even if it makes a difference. The temperature in the car was probably about 60-70 degrees (Because it is winter) and so it could not have been the car making it hot. This is making me angry. Anybody got any suggestions?

That's a bad amp-speaker matchup.

You need an amp that can handle a 2 ohm mono load.

I'd take it back and get my money on account of the store selling you a poorly matched system and then installing it against the amp manufacturer's rating.

Get a mono amp that can handle a 2 ohm load that puts out about 800W RMS. I suggest #1 MTX 6500D #2 Harrison Labs 800.2 #3 RF bd1000.1 #4 USAcoustics USX800D or USX1000D #5 Lanzar Vibe 1200D.

You can get all these cheaper than what you bought that 800.2 at a store if you go online.

Check out http://www.cbrstereo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=C and http://thezeb.com/index.html for these products.

And since the wiring is already ran it will be a snap to hook it up yourself. The hard part is already done for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ArcaneParadise

10+ year member
ArcaneParadise
California
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from