Yet another Voltage problem plz help.

Mike yayo
10+ year member

Chevy Ridin on 24s Ya Dig
tampa
Alright when i turn my music to 35 music and bass are fine then when i go up to 40-50 area music is fine but the bass will go then stop and start again like bass track is skipping, then i go look at my dist block while my music is at zero and it reads 10.2. Also my electiral system is hc1800 , hc 800 and a 200 amp alt that only goes to stereo system, so anyone know why its chraging so low im guess low voltages is reason for the bass skiping.

Is this at idle? If so you may contact your alt manufactuer to see what they claim at idle. I have seen some very low reported volts at idle. DO you get the same problem at 2K rmps? Lastly, what are you using for cables?

try reving the motor up like AK SloPok talked about. I highly doubt that the alt you have will charge at 200 at idle, most High output alts tell yo the max output which is rated at generally between 2000 and 3500 rpms. YOu can also try doing the big three upgrade if you have not already,this allows a larger 1/0 awg wire to deliver the charge to that set of HC batts that you have and it allows you to have a larger ground for the alt crucial for large powered systems like you must have to warrant the 800 and the 1800

i know idle is like 140 or something but thats not what im talking about, its only at 10.2 volts at idle when it was first installed it was at 14volts at idle. same problem at 2000rpms, problem is im not getting 14volts when nothing is playing.

I would go and double chk the wiring under the hood and if it is tight I would call the manufacturer and asked them to warranty the alt. Send it back or you can try adding another batt and see if that helps

had the god **** alt for 3 months and it died theres a 3 year warranty, have to see waht they say though.,

turns out guy i bought it from on ebay was a crook or something so the company that was selling him the alts said they cant send me 200 amp caz they never sold him any so they dont know where he got them, but they can send me a 130 amp alt so im happy..

had the god **** alt for 3 months and it died theres a 3 year warranty, have to see waht they say though.,
turns out guy i bought it from on ebay was a crook or something so the company that was selling him the alts said they cant send me 200 amp caz they never sold him any so they dont know where he got them, but they can send me a 130 amp alt so im happy..
That's still ********, what a ****ing joke. I guess it's a good bargain if you don't mind 70 amps less, but I'd still ***** at them. You didn't know he was a crook, what the ****. I'd at least give him a call or try to contact him just to see what he does, or what proof of purchase he has on it.

check wat out??, guy had good feedback CHECK, sent him emails to answer my questions CHECK, said theres a 3 year warranty CHECK, Paid with paypal CHECK, got it installed workd fine CHECk. really wats there to check out?

obviously there was NOOOOOO warranty! Next time you could have called to see if he was a dealler or just a re-seller. Re-sellers generally can't offer manufacturer warranties and if they get you to pay for it the manuf. won't honor the warranty!

Like I said......CHECK IT OUT WHEN BUYING ON EBAY AND OTHER SITES LIKE IT!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.