Yet another question about pollyfill...

Afboy143
10+ year member

aka Bumpin Expo
Tampa, Fl
Well today i made a box for my truck, and i stuffed it full of pollyfill. Its filled every lil bit is pollyfilled on the inside. Im not sure how much airspace is in the box to b truthful cuz im not good at all with math. Well the real question i was asking is, is there such thing as "over polly filling" a sub box? Should i take some out or what? Thanks guys

Originally posted by Afboy143 Well today i made a box for my truck, and i stuffed it full of pollyfill. Its filled every lil bit is pollyfilled on the inside. Im not sure how much airspace is in the box to b truthful cuz im not good at all with math. Well the real question i was asking is, is there such thing as "over polly filling" a sub box? Should i take some out or what? Thanks guys
yeah ....there are ratios, I think that you usually stuff 0.5 - 1 lbs of polly for every cubic foot.....but i could be wrong. It should be filled, but not compacted.

Generally, the ratio is anywhere from 16-20 oz. per 1 cubic foot...

No need for the chicken wire....that's an old wives tale.

And putting polyfill in a ported box is not the smartest idea...

Hm i have 40 oz in my box right now, its pretty compacted. Its in a truck box and there is no wall in the middle. How do i calculate the sq. ft in that.

Originally posted by Afboy143 Hm i have 40 oz in my box right now, its pretty compacted. Its in a truck box and there is no wall in the middle. How do i calculate the sq. ft in that.
The square feet of the box, or the square feet of the box with the polyfill?

Originally posted by Afboy143 Hm i have 40 oz in my box right now, its pretty compacted. Its in a truck box and there is no wall in the middle. How do i calculate the sq. ft in that.
its volume....not area so its cubic feet. if its a cube or rectangular prism it is just the inside demensions of the box (h x w x d) in inches divided by 12^3......that would give you the volume in cubic feet of the box.

Originally posted by Afboy143 How do i calculate the sq. ft. in the box so i can determine how much polly fill i should put in there The box looks like this. Yes i know its a bad pic i did it in 30 seconds. And yes the box is like a L shape, i had to make it fit behind the seat of an older s10 without cutting nething out

First pic on this post is the box i have

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=29770
I just told you how to calculate the volume....its not like it is difficault math.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.