Yet another problem with my sundown subs

ah I misread. I stand by my point for sub spiders in general, I thought I was reading that they were pushing the suspension down. I just didn't like to see someone give out that advice.
It looks as though when you're TOTALLY wrong, you still can't just say you're wrong. Or you just need attention.

The spider is not pressed down. The cone sits flat on the 9.25" landing on the 6-spoke 18" or on a super thick 8" spider pack; the next landing down is for an 8" spider so the cone is pressed down to meet the spider ID on a standard 8" 3 spider pack. When the re-cone is sat on the customers frame the spider sits up off of the glue landing; the SURROUND has to be pushed in a bit for the spider to rest flat on the landing. The offset is about ~6mm or so.
The surround compliance is not nearly enough to result in pulling the spider forward.

If the spider were pressed backward or pulled forward that would be an issue.
Business 101 Chapter 1 Lesson 1:

Everybody is a potential customer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.