XXX not hitting hard

Thing is that I am at college now 6 hours away from my car so I can't check the voltage. And no im not an "idiot installer" if that is what your implying because I have a problem with my system. Everyone has problems, even the best. I've had this system for several months without any problems. I recently sent the car to a mechanic to get the tranny replaced and when I got it back it was doing this. Maybe the mechanic messed with my system because he also installs system and he was impressed with mine. No I do not have my gains all the way. No I don't have a new alt. I did notice recently that my positive terminal on my speaker box was loose like it had been overtightened and broken to where it won't tighten anymore. That might be the problem, I would probably have to connect the speaker directly to the amp instead of going through the terminals on the speaker box.

don't be so defensive man, chill. OK, lets look at what you have:

No upgraded batt or alt or wiring, as far as i can tell. So, maybe your original disagnosis is correct, and you just have low voltage. Also, have you check the connection between your capacitor and your battery, and the connection between the amp and the cap? Maybe one is hardly getting contact, which could be a prob. Also, be sure to check your grounds. Thats a constant prob in car audio. Those are my first thoughts, check them out first.

I don't mean to be too defensive but this forum is full of people who assume everybody else if stupid. Well I no longer have the capacitor so that isn't the problem. I will check the wiring to the battery when I visit my family at home. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.