Xtant or Jl audio

rocktrep

I'm looking for a new amps. I stop my choice on two brand. Xtant (X serie) or Jl Audio.

I heard the Xtant amps once. It sound real good, look nice, fully adjustable, powerfull but a little bit expensif.

In the other hand the Jl Audio are a little bit cheaper, powerfull to. But I never had a chance to hear both at the same time in the same store.

Any comments will be appreciate.

Thanks for answering.

Originally posted by rocktrep I'm looking for a new amps. I stop my choice on two brand. Xtant (X serie) or Jl Audio.

I heard the Xtant amps once. It sound real good, look nice, fully adjustable, powerfull but a little bit expensif.

In the other hand the Jl Audio are a little bit cheaper, powerfull to. But I never had a chance to hear both at the same time in the same store.

Any comments will be appreciate.

Thanks for answering.
Both look awesome... I've seen and heard the first line of xtants before, not the JL's... I'm sure the JL's would perform very well too, although yesterday, I read that it had the worst efficiency... but dang, it's a JL... I don't think you'll go wrong with xtants... though, not their hexagon subs, doesn't look good to me...

i've had experience w/both.....

xtant is a very nice product and delivers quality watts... Also, has so many upgrades to the amp that its just wayyy too much to deal with.. seems like you'd get extended watts or something, kind of a bad trait imo

JL delivers quality watts as well...

i say go w/jl amp b/c of the ability to play at different ohms & because its not like dealing w/a huge mother board of an xtant

hmmm... didn't know a large mainboard is a bad thing...

in computers, having a large mainboard doesn't necessarily mean bad, sometimes jsut means more options...

Originally posted by paikiah hmmm... didn't know a large mainboard is a bad thing...

in computers, having a large mainboard doesn't necessarily mean bad, sometimes jsut means more options...
well seeing how only a few people know what does what it is a bad thing..

goin to several professional audio shops then the installer is like wtf isn't that much of a good thing.... That's why i say jl b/c it'll cut the hassle of goin thru tryin to spending hours tuning.... Finally, because so many upgrades to their amps, usually when u purchase a amp at that price you expect to get it at highest performance, not have to buy 15 upgrades to have it go beyond the call of duty.

i read somewhere that some of then enginners that make JL amp, also head xtants r & d ...dont know how much truth there is to it. I dont think you can go wrong with either, I ran an xtant 600.1 before I got my 1000 watt JL -- although I do belive most xtant amps get a bit more power out of them (the 1000 watt xtant benched at something like 1800 watts peak) thats amazing. either way you will be happy.

Originally posted by blustang99 jl all the way i have 2 jl 500s and i love them no problems or anything put out nice clean power. gotta love not dealing with ohm's to
yeah, I think Jl's did a great job of removing the hassle of having to calculate ohms... nice touch, wish all subs had that feature...oh,w ait, that'd mean all JL prices too...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.